Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Property and Services Committee
February 10 @ 19:00 - 21:00
Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above.
Minutes of the Property & Services Committee meeting 10 February 2022 held in the Function Room, Marshalls Sports Ground, Middlefield Lane, Gainsborough
|Paul Key (Chairman)||James Plastow (Vice-Chairman)|
|Dennis Dannatt||Baptiste Velan|
|Matt Boles||Keith Panter|
|Richard Craig||Chris Lambie|
|Belina Boyer- Town Clerk (TC)|
Also present: Three Members of Lincolnshire Co-Op
|Agenda no||Agenda item title||Resolution||Action||Power|
|P&S22/020||To note apologies for absence.
|The committee noted apologies from Cllrs
Boles, Craig, and Panter
|Local Government Act 1972, s85 (1)
& Sch 12, p40.
|P&S22/021||To receive any declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011.
|There were none.||Localism Act 2011, s31.|
|P&S22/022||To consider any dispensation requests received by the Clerk in relation to personal and/or disclosable pecuniary interests, not previously recorded.||There were none.||Localism Act 2011, s33.|
|P&S22/023||To determine which items on the agenda, if any, require the exclusion of public and press under the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2) and resolve to exclude public and press for these items.||The committee resolved to exclude public and press for items P&S 22/033-039.||Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2)|
|P&S22/024||To receive the minutes of the previous Gainsborough Town Council meeting(s) and resolve to sign these as a true record of the meeting(s).
Paper A – Property and Services Wednesday 13 January 2022.
|The committee resolved to sign the minutes of the meeting 13 January 2022 as a true record of that meeting.||ASO to publish.||Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p41 (1).|
|P&S22/025||To receive a presentation from Co-Op volunteers on a proposed project in Gainsborough Cemetery and decide whether or not the proposed work may go ahead.||The committee received the presentation and decided to defer to Full Council.||TC to obtain additional information and add to Full Council Agenda.||N/A|
|P&S22/026||To receive a brief in person report on the aviary in Richmond Park and decide on action to be taken||Unfortunately, there was no in person report. A written report was read out by the clerk. The committee received the presentation and decided to defer to Full Council.||TC to obtain additional information and add to Full Council Agenda.||N/A|
|P&S22/027||To consider accepting the provision of street furniture (notice boards, planters signage etc.) from the WLDC Welcome Back Fund. -Information previously circulated.||The committee resolved to accept the provision of street furniture at no cost to the council.||TC to inform WLDC officer.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/028||To receive updated quotations for existing cemetery and allotments software and authorise associated payments.
|The committee resolved to authorise the expenditure for cemetery and allotments software.||DTC/RFO to raise PO and pay invoices.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/029||To consider an application by the Rotary Club to use Richmond Park and Richmond House facilities for summer events as in previous years.
|Cllr Velan declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of the Rotary Club.
The committee resolved to permit the Rotary Club to utilise the grounds of Richmond House and the public toilets for events but not any parts of the main building or any outbuildings.
Cllr Velan confirmed the dates as 05 June and 10 September 2022.
|TC to write and inform.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/030||To consider adding an online application for allotments to the website.
|The committee resolved to approve the adding of an online application form to the website.||TC to initiate.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/031||To consider a drains report on Richmond Park and decide what further action to take.
|The committee resolved to approve the drainage work as recommended to prevent further damage at a cost of approximately £2,000.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/032||To consider the current “key deposit” for the hire of council premises and re-name it as a damage deposit or similar. (verbal report)||The committee resolved to approve a returnable key and damage deposit to be taken for all bookings.||ASO to update website and paperwork. All damage to fixtures and fittings to be reported after use.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/033||To consider initial quotes received for the installation of water supply to allotment sites and whether to progress the project (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to time sensitive commercial sensibility)
|The committee considered the quotes received and decided to not proceed.
The committee resolved to defer for until the September meeting.
Allotment holders to be encouraged to harvest rainwater.
|TC and Grounds Team to investigate further.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|Cllr Velan leaves at 20.37. meeting remains quorate.|
|P&S22/034||To consider initial quotes received for the clearance of ditches at the Marshalls Sports Ground site and whether to progress the project. (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to time sensitive commercial sensibility)
|The committee noted the potential cost as indicated by the quote received and asked for further quotes to be obtained.||TC to investigate and obtain additional quotes and take to future meeting.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/035||To consider a request received for fencing and decide on an operational way to consider such applications in future. (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to the potentially personal nature of the request)
|A working group of 3 committee members would make a recognisance visit in the near future and report back to the committee. The Clerk reminded members that they were not to make any promises or decisions on behalf of the council.||Cllr Key to contact allotment holder personally known to him and arrange a meeting. The working group to report back at next meeting.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|The committee resolved to agree an extension past 21.00 to complete the business on the agenda.|
|P&S22/036||To consider the Richmond House Fire Risk Assessment report undertaken by an independent assessor and identify mitigating action to be carried out. (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to time sensitive commercial sensibility) Paper H||The committee recommended that a working group of volunteers be formed to undertake some of mitigating action identified by the Fire Risk Report.
Risk to be reassessed following mitigation.
|Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/037||To consider the Richmond House condition report undertaken by an independent assessor and identify mitigating action to be carried out. (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to time sensitive commercial sensibility)
|The committee resolved for Town Clerk to carry out mitigation work for first priority issues as identified and initiate works demanding immediate attention||TC to contact conservation officer. and take appropriate steps.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/038||To receive a verbal update on a recent Allotments visit (Exclusion of public and press recommended)||The committee received a verbal update and noted that a report from WLDC was expected. Investigations continue.||TC email WLDC to remind.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/039||To receive a verbal update on an FOI and Allotments correspondence (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to the potentially personal nature of the request)||The committee noted the verbal report.||Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8|
|P&S22/040||To receive any items for notification to be included on a future agenda – for information only
· Marshals heating and hot water system
· Allotments Pond
|· Marshals heating and hot water system
· Allotments Pond
· Deferred items
|P&S22/04||To note the date and time of the next Property and Services committee is scheduled for 10 March2022 at 19.00.||The committee noted the date and time of the next Property and Services committee is scheduled for 10 March2022 at 19.00||TC||Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p10 (2)(a)|
The meeting closed at 21.25.
Signed as a true record of the Meeting:_______________________________ Dated______________
Presiding chairman of approving meeting