Accessibility Statement for https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/
This is an accessibility statement from Gainsborough Town Council.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- some tables do not have row headings
- some documents have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have image descriptions
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
Each department and agency which publishes content on https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/: is responsible for making sure it meets the accessibility regulations. We will update the statement when issues are fixed or when we expect them to be fixed.
Gainsborough Town Council is obliged to publish third party documents which may have been scanned in and will not be accessible, for instance the Annual Governance and Accountability Report (AGAR).
Measures to support accessibility
Gainsborough Town Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/:
- Phone: 01427 811573
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor Address: Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 2RJ
- Postal Address: Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 2RJ
We try to respond to feedback within 2 Business Days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Browser Chrome with assistive technology NVDA, JAWS, Lighthouse on Windows 10
- Browser Chrome with assistive technology VoiceOver, JAWS, Lighthouse on Mac OS Catalina (Version 10.15.7)
- Browser Safari with assistive technology VoiceOver, JAWS, Lighthouse on Mac OS Catalina (Version 10.15.7)
- Browser Edge with assistive technology NVDA, JAWS, Lighthouse on Windows 10
https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 3 years
Accessibility of https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/:
- PDF Documents: Online and downloadable versions of documents pre 2022 may not be or may not be fully accessable because We cannot ensure the quality of the documents conform to be fully accessible. We monitor user feedback and try to repair issues raised within 2/4 business days.. please contact us to raise any issues found or if you need an alternative document..
- Video Content : Uploads or links to external sourses may not relevant text or languages alternitives because We cannot ensure the quality of the sourse in some cases, we endever to aid as best as possible. we try to verify the source or provide where possile a text alternitive. please contact us to raise any issues found or if you need an alternative format..
Gainsborough Town Council assessed the accessibility of https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- a formal quality assurance process throughout the design and development process
An evaluation report for Lighthouse testing for https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ is available at:
An evaluation statement for https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/ is available at: https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/wcag-em-report/. or
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This statement was created on 16 January 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool. This website was last tested on 16th March 2022. The test was carried out by drumBEAT Marketing