Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Property and Services Committee
September 28, 2022 @ 19:00 - 21:00
Re-scheduled meeting2022-09-28 PS Papers as sent - Public
Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above.
Committee meetings will be held in the Reading Room at Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough. Public and press are welcome to attend.
You are invited to attend a meeting of Property and Services Committee which will be held on Wednesday, 28 September 2022 commencing at 7pm in the meeting room, Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough.
Committee members: Cllr M Boles – ex officio, Cllr P O’Connor – ex officio, Cllr D Dannatt, Cllr T Davies (Chairman), Cllr P Key, Cllr C Lambie, Cllr J Musonda, Cllr J Plastow, Cllr B Velan
Minutes of the Property & Services Committee Meeting
28 September 2022
held in the Reading Room, Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough
|James Plastow (Vice-Chairman)|
|Tim Davies (Chairman)|
|Matt Boles||Pat O’Connor|
|Dennis Dannatt||Chris Lambie|
|Julie Musonda||Baptiste Velan|
|Belina Boyer- Town Clerk (TC)||Rachel Allbones (DC & RFO)|
Also in attendance: 1 member of the public
|Agenda no||Agenda item title||Resolution||Action||Power|
|PS23/064||Apologies for absence
To note apologies for absence.
|Apologies had been received for Cllrs Boles, Dannatt, Lambie, Musonda and O’Connor and Velan (after commencement of meeting).
|Local Government Act 1972, s85 (1) & Sch 12, p40.|
|PS23/065||Declarations of interest
To receive any declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011.
|Cllr Key declared a non-pecuniary interest in agenda item PS23/072 as a personal friend of the applicant.||Localism Act 2011, s31.|
To consider any dispensation requests received by the Clerk in relation to personal and/or disclosable pecuniary interests, not previously recorded.
|There were none.||Localism Act 2011, s33.|
|PS23/067||Exclusion of press and public
To determine which items on the agenda, if any, require the exclusion of public and press under the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2) and resolve to exclude public and press for these items.
|The Committee resolved to exclude the public and press from items 71, 73, 74 and 78.||Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2)|
|PS23/068||Minutes of the previous meeting
To receive the minutes of the previous Property and Services Committee meeting(s) and resolve to sign these as a true record of the meeting(s).
Paper A – Property and Services Tuesday 12 July 2022.
|The Committee resolved to sign the minutes of the Property and Services Committee Meeting of Tuesday 12 July 2022 as a true record of that meeting.
|DC to Publish||Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p41 (1).|
|The committee resolved to debate item PS23/071 before item PS23/069. The member of the public left the meeting after this item had been concluded.|
|PS23/069||Town Clerk’s report
To receive and note the Town Clerk’s report (for information only)
|The Committee noted the report.|
|PS23/070||To consider request(s) to erect structures or keep animals on allotments.
|The Committee resolved to uphold the original decision until a time a new application is received in keeping with RSPCA guidelines.||TC to inform applicant.|
|PS23/071||To consider if the Council should honour an allotment garage contract signed in 1985.
Exclusion of Public and Press recommended due to the personal nature of the correspondence.
|The Committee resolved to take no further action until a copy of the contract has been received.
Cllr Davies abstained from voting.
|PS23/072||To consider a memorial bench application.
|The Town Clerk had recommended to permit the installation in a location to be determined by the Grounds Maintenance Team Leader. The member of the public present stated that they wanted the bench to be next to her relative’s grave. The committee was informed that the Grounds Maintenance team Leader had deemed this position as unsuitable because more graves could be added in that position.
The Committee resolved to hold a site visit to ensure the location of the bench was suitable.
|Cllrs PK & TD to meet applicant at the cemetery on Friday 30th Sept at 2:30pm and inform the clerk of the outcome…||Local Authorities Cemeteries Order 1977 SI1977/204 art. 3 + art 15(1)|
|PS23/073||To consider Aisby Park repair quotes and receive an insurance update.
|The Committee resolved to accept the quotation for the skate park repairs to be sent to Zurich insurance.||TC to send the quotation to Zurich for approval.||Localism Act 2011 1-8|
|PS23/074||To consider quotations received for the repair of Wetpour at numerous sites and authorise. relevant expenditure.
|The Committee resolved to recommend to full Council to accept the quotation from Playtop for the repair of wetpour at numerous areas on St Georges, Richmond Park, Aisby Walk.
|DC to include on Full Council agenda.||Localism Act 2011 1-8|
|PS23/075||To receive the annual ROSPA reports and consider any action resulting from these.
|The Committee resolved note the report and noted the new Operations Manager will pick up the remedials when in post.||OM to manage remedials.||Localism Act 2011 1-8|
|PS23/076||To note the outcome of the Council’s application for FCC and WLDC funding and
a) Consider the Proposed Alterations Licence as issued by WLDC, and the cost involved
b) Consider the grant funding offered and the conditions attached
c) Consider reviewing the costings once revised detailed quote has been received.
d) Consider publicising success and encourage community involvement
|The Committee resolved to: –
• formally delegate the negotiation of the alterations licence to the Town Clerk for approval at a future committee or full council meeting.
• obtain renewed quotes/tenders from a minimum of three quality play equipment suppliers and installers in line with Financial Regulations by the RFO so relevant paperwork can be completed and send to FCC.
• publicise the funding application success on the website, social media and via press release.
• formally delegate the project management to the Town Clerk so there will be one named point of contact for contractors, funders, press, and the council to co-ordinate the project.
|TC to negotiate alterations to the licence and start the publicity campaign. Item to become a standing agenda item.||Localism Act 2011 1-8
Open Spaces Act 1906, ss.9, 10
|PS23/077||To note the action timeline and progress made so far for Remembrance Sunday.
|The Committee resolved to note action timeline and progress.||N/A|
|PS23/078||To approve quotation for the disconnection of the former Xmas lights electricity supply on Trinity Street and recommend to Full Council to increase budget.
|The Committee resolved to recommend to full Council to approve quotation for the disconnection of the former Xmas lights electricity supply on Trinity Street and vire funds from general reserves to increase the budget.
|DC to include on Full Council agenda.|
|PS23/079||To consider the outline Richmond House Conservatory Plans and note potential costs (if available)
|The Committee resolved to note the plans and approve the expenditure to progress the project whilst VAT advice is being sought and discussions with WLDC and LCC are entered into.||TC to inform
architects of outcome and discuss funds with WLDC and LCC.
DC/RFO to obtain detailed VAT advice.
|PS23/080||To consider authorising the expenditure to install COSHH compliant fuel storage.
|The Committee resolved to recommend installing COSHH compliant fuel storage to ensure minimal COSSH compliance as well as additional spending to improve security and delegate the procurement and installation decision to the Grounds Maintenance Team Leader, funds to come from general reserves and to add Health and Safety budget line to next year’s budget for all sites.
|DC to include on Full Council agenda and work budget line into next year’s budget.|
|Cllr Plastow announced that he needed to leave the meeting at 20.30 which would leave the meeting inquorate.|
|PS23/081||To consider a draft booking form for hiring of council owned open spaces and Marshalls Function Room
|Deferred until the next meeting.||TC to add to next agenda.|
|PS23/082||To consider a booking request for council owned open spaces and decide on an appropriate fee to be levied.
a) Laybo’s Fest – Marshalls Sports Ground
b) Funtopia – Marshalls Sports Ground
c) Planet Circus
|Deferred until the next meeting.||TC to add to next agenda and inform applicants of deferral.|
|PS23/083||Items for notification
To receive any items for notification to be included on a future agenda – for information only.
|· Any deferred items||TC to add to next agenda.||N/A|
|PS23/084||Date and time of the next meeting
To note the date and time of the next Property and Services committee scheduled 11 October 2022 at 19.00
|The committee noted the date and time of the next Property and Services committee scheduled 11 October 2022 at 19.00 at Richmond House.||Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p10 (2)(a)|
The meeting closed at 20.31.