Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Management and Finance Committee September 2019
September 18, 2019 @ 19:00
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio (Chairman)
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Keith Panter – ex officio
Councillor Denise Schofield
Councillor Baptiste Velan
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Also Present: Councillor Paul Key
Councillor James Plastow
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Lesley Rollings
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Papers A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Management and Finance Committee held Wednesday 28 August 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Management and Finance Committee meeting held on Wednesday 28 August 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Clarke, Craig and Schofield abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2019
- Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 11 September 2019 (Paper B)
Members considered at length Paper B & Paper B Revised.
RESOLVED that Members accept the transactions in Paper B Revised – Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 18 September 2019.
Note: Councillor T Davies arrived at the meeting at 7.08pm
- Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 11 September 2019 (Paper C)
Members considered Paper C.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper C – Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 11 September 2019.
iii. Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 11 September 2019 (Paper D)
Members considered Paper D.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper D Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 11 September 2019.
Note: Councillors Davies and Plastow left the meeting at 7.14pm
- MONTHLY BANK RECONCILIATION SIGN OFF FOR AUGUST (Paper E)
RESOLVED to accept and sign off the Bank Reconciliation for 31 August 2019.
- COMPLAINTS (Paper F)
Members NOTED the report received from the Clerk.
- DECEMBER MEETING DATE
Members considered changing the date of the December meeting as the RFO is unable to attend on Wednesday 18 December.
RESOLVED to change the December meeting date to Tuesday 17th December 2019 at 7pm.
- RICHMOND HOUSE WINDOW REPAIRS (Paper G)
Members considered quotations received for the repairs to the sash windows at Richmond House.
RESOLVED to: –
- Make budget provision towards to repairs in 2020/21
- Ask WLDC & LCC if they would consider contributing towards the repairs of the sash windows
- Ask WLDC if they would considered some of the sash windows to be close permanently.
- CEMETERY EXTENSION (Paper H)
Members historic papers, emails and reports relating to the General Cemetery extension. Members considered the quotation for assessing the site for crucial environmental compliance for planning requirements but noted the quotation was received in 2017, a revised quotation had been requested but yet to be received.
RESOLVED to bring the revised quotation for assessing the site for crucial environmental compliance to the next meeting, and ask Gary Reevell from WLDC to either attend the meeting or provide a guide as to the next steps once a ground audit is complete.
- IT STRATEGY & GDPR COMPLIANCE
The Deputy Clerk informed Members that the Council Office IT is less that adequate and currently not compliant to GDPR regulations.
Members were advised the item was just for noting but quotations for new IT will be presented to the next meeting for discussion.
The meeting concluded at 7.56pm