Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Levellings Site Improvement Working Group 2019
September 20, 2019 @ 10:05
Councillor Richard Craig (Chairman)
Councillor Paul Key – arrived at 11.40am
Councillor Keith Panter – ex officio
Councillor James Ward
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO – arrived at the meeting at 11.40am
Also in Attendance: Ms Magda Read – Associate Lecturer at University of Lincoln
Accompanied by the Head of Faculty for International Business and Entrepreneurship at the University of Lincoln
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Sean Alcock – Operations Manager
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Levellings Site Improvement Working Group meeting held on Friday 23 August 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
- TO RECEIVE PRESENTATION / WORKSHOP FROM MAGDA READ FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF LINCOLN ON PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The presentation considered effective project management and the feasibility of the Levellings development. The intention is that the University be engaged in completing a feasibility study and community consultation as part of the project in conjunction with the working group and Lincoln University Students. Considering all aspects of developing the Levellings site, which will include site planning, costing of equipment and landscaping of the park.
Note: Councillor Key and the Deputy Clerk arrived at the meeting at 11.40am
- ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper B)
The group reviewed the actions as set out in the Minutes of the previous meeting and NOTED the following:
- Councillors Craig and Ward had met with the Headteacher of Aegir and Warren Wood school who gave them a tour of their equipment and advised he would be happy to help support a funding bid for disability equipment to be incorporated into the park project.
- Still awaiting further quotations for surfacing repairs / renewal to surface of Proludic area
- Sport England can support bids for funding for a skate park and pavilion repairs
- Still awaiting further quotes for swing upgrade
- NEXT STEPS
Actions to be completed ahead of the next meeting were agreed as follows:
- Contact Sir Nicholas Bacon, 14th Baronet, to seek his support for the project.
- Chase quotations for renewal and repair to surfacing to be progressed
- Await information from Magda and the university relating to a timeframe and costings for completing a feasibility study and public consultation process.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Agreed as Friday 18 October at 10am subject to quotations being available.
The meeting closed at 11.58am