Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Management and Finance Committee February 2019
February 19, 2019 @ 19:00
Councillor Steven Ward (In the Chair)
Councillor Matt Boles (ex-officio)
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Paul Key
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk to the Council
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND REASONS GIVEN
Councillor Richard Craig (ex-officio)
Councillor Denise Schofield
RESOLVED to accept the apologies received and reasons given.
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES (Papers A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Management and Finance Committee held Tuesday 22 January 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Management and Finance Committee meeting held on Tuesday 22 January 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Dobbie abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2019
- Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 14 February 2019 (Paper B)
Members considered at length Paper B & Paper B Revised.
Note: Councillor Boles left the meeting at 7.08pm
RESOLVED that Members accept the transactions in Paper B Revised – Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 19 February 2019.
- Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 February 2019 (Paper C)
Members considered Paper C.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper C – Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 February 2019.
iii. Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 February 2019 (Paper D)
RESOLVED that Members note Paper D Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 February 2019.
Note: Councillor Boles returned to the meeting at 7.11pm.
- MONTHLY BANK RECONCILIATION SIGN OFF FOR JANUARY (Paper E)
RESOLVED to accept and sign off the Bank Reconciliation for 31 January 2019.
- TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER MOTION REFERRED FROM FULL COUNCIL 05 FEBRUARY 2019 (Paper F)
Members NOTED the following was already in place: –
- 7 May 2019– Post election Councillor induction day diarized
- 18 June 2019 – New Councillor training hosted by LALC at WLDC 10 spaces reserved
- Regular performance meetings Chairman / Leader and the Clerk to appraise / monitor performance and progress during probation with summary reporting to Personnel Committee.
- Chairs & Vice Chairs briefing at 6pm prior to Full Council
Members RESOLVED that Councillors have training relevant to the Committees appointed to.
- COMPLAINTS (Paper G)
Members NOTED the report received from the Clerk.
Councillor Boles updated Members in relation to the open complaint in regards to Members of the public using the bottom of the General Cemetery extension as a dog exercise area, and his further contact with the complainant. Councillor Boles advised that he would be speaking with the Operations Manager with regards to potentially erecting temporary fencing to deter the dogs away from this area.
- FEE REQUEST GENERAL CEMETERY EXHUMATION (Paper H)
RESOLVED to under Standing Order 14n to exclude the public and press.
Members NOTED the content of the paper.
Councillor Boles proposed offering as partial reduction of 50% in relation to exhumation & reburial fees, seconded by Councillor Dobbie.
Councillor Key proposed an amendment offering no reduction in relation to exhumation & reburial fees, seconded by Councillor Ward.
At the request of Councillor Dobbie a recorded vote was taken as follows: –
Amendment proposal: For: Councillors Clarke, Key and Ward
Against: Councillors Boles and Dobbie
RESOLVED to offer no reduction in relation to exhumation & reburial fees in relation to Paper H.
RESOLVED under Standing Order 14d to alter the order of business and take item 12 next.
- HOTWATER TANK – ROSES (Paper K)
Members received a verbal update from the Clerk with regards to a leaking hot water tank at Roses. Plumbers had been and inspected the tank and a new tank or alternative was required. The second tank had already been disabled in 2013 following a service that identified it had corroded.
The Clerk advised that due to the hot water at Roses currently being isolated and it effectively disrupting business she has under Financial Regulation 4.5 authority to ensure repairs are carried out prior to Council approval.
RESOLVED that: –
- Relevant authorisation is sort from WLDC to make the below repairs
- To approve the quotation received from Richmonds Plumbing and Heating of £1,650 +VAT to remove existing cylinder, supply and install 300 litre direct unvented cylinder with dual immersion heaters at Roses Pavilion
- The Clerk uses powers under Financial Regulation 4.5
- A RECOMMENDATION TO FULL COUNCIL to approve the following budget virements: –
- £700 from 5000/27 Roses Sports Equipment to 5000/14 Roses Boiler Service & Repairs
- £515 from 5000/23 Roses External Lighting to 5000/14 Roses Boiler Service & Repairs
RESOLVED to allow press and public bank into the meeting
- FEES & CHARGES (Paper I)
Members reviewed fees and charges for Council services.
RESOLVED to increase the allotment rents from £26.50 to £27 and £53 to £54 for 2020 / 2021.
Note: Councillor Key voted against the above resolution.
- Love Lane Garage Spaces
RESOLVED to leave garage space rents at £50 for 2020 / 2021.
RESOLVED to leave all cemetery fees the same for 2019 / 2020.
Officers were asked to look into new legislation and Government funding in relation to charges relating to child burial fees.
- Sports Grounds
Councillor Key proposed no increase to sports ground fees for 2019 / 2020, seconded by Councillor Boles.
Councillor Ward proposed an amendment to increase sports ground fees for 2019 / 2020 by 50p, seconded by Councillor Dobbie.
At the request of Councillor Boles a recorded vote was taken as follows: –
Amendment proposal: For: Councillors Dobbie and Ward
Against: Councillors Boles, Clarke and Key
Original proposal: For: Councillors Boles and Key
Against: Councillor Clarke
Abstained: Councillors Dobbie and Ward
RESOLVED that there be no increase to sports ground fees for 2019 / 2020.
RESOLVED to amend the Peak / Off Peak times to the following: –
Peak Times Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Off Peak Times Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
9:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday All Day
- ROSES SPORTS GROUND
The Clerk asked for Member representation at a meeting alongside herself and other relevant organisations with Lea and Roses Cricket Club.
RESOLVED that Councillor Key attend the meeting on Monday 11 March at 6pm, and Councillor Schofield as reserve, with Gainsborough Trinity Foundation, Castelle Consultancy, ECB Facilities team, Lincolnshire County Cricket Board, WLDC, GTF and Lea and Roses CC to positively engage with Lea and Roses Cricket Club regarding their displacement from Roses Sports Ground from the 2020 season if the funding bid from Gainsborough Trinity Foundation is successful to build a 3G on Roses.
- GRANT APPLICATIONS – ARMED FORCES DAY & REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY WORKING GROUP (Paper J)
Members NOTED the paper.
RESOLVED that the Committee approves the grant submissions by the working group to support the GTC Armed Forces Day and that any grant monies secured are allocated to the event in addition to the existing GTC 2019 / 2020 Armed Forces Day budget.
The meeting concluded at 9.07pm