Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Management and Finance Committee August 2019
August 28, 2019 @ 19:00
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio (Chairman)
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Keith Panter – ex officio
Councillor Baptiste Velan
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor Lesley Rollings
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Papers A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Management and Finance Committee held Wednesday 17 July 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Management and Finance Committee meeting held on Wednesday 17 July 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Dobbie abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR JULY & AUGUST 2019
- Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 21 August 2019 (Paper B)
Members considered at length Paper B & Paper B Revised.
RESOLVED that Members accept the transactions in Paper B Revised – Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 28 August 2019.
- Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 21 August 2019 (Paper C)
Members considered Paper C.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper C – Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 21 August 2019.
iii. Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 21 August 2019 (Paper D)
Members considered Paper D.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper D Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 21 August 2019.
- MONTHLY BANK RECONCILIATION SIGN OFF FOR JULY (Paper E)
RESOLVED to accept and sign off the Bank Reconciliation for 31 July 2019.
- COMPLAINTS (Paper F)
Members NOTED the report received from the Clerk.
- TO RECEIVE RECOMMENDATIONS FROM POLICY REVIEW WORKING GROUP (Papers G & H)
- RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE to approve the amendments to the Debt Recovery Policy, subject to the inclusion of ‘All officer activity in relation to debt recovery actions will be logged.’ in the presumption section.
RESOLVED to approve the amendments to the Debt Recovery Policy, subject to the inclusion of ‘All officer activity in relation to debt recovery actions will be logged.’ in the presumption section.
- RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE to adopt the Investment Strategy.
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to adopt the Investment Strategy.
- REVISED BUDGET 2019 / 2020 (Paper I)
RESOLVED to approve the revised budget for 2019/20.
- SANDSFIELD LANE NORTH / SOUTH AND SOUTH PARADE (Paper J)
Members NOTED the update on progress of Sandsfield Lane North / South and South Parade further to the resolutions made at Management and Finance 19 June 2019 and Full Council 3 July 2019.
- THE FRIENDS OF THE GAINSBOROUGH CEMETERIES AND CHAPEL (Paper K)
Members considered a request from The Friends of Gainsborough Cemeteries and Chapel to waiver the fee for x3 new war memorial headstones.
RESOLVED to waiver the fee for x3 new war memorial headstones from The Friends of Gainsborough Cemeteries and Chapel and for Gainsborough Town Council be included as supporting the project in any promotional material.
- CHILDRENS FUNERAL FUND UPDATE (Paper L)
Members NOTED the introduction of the Childrens Funeral fund which came into effect 23 July 2019.
RESOLVED to amend the Cemetery fees to state: –
*Child under 18 years of age £600 single
*Child under 18 years of age £710 double
*An application to the Children’s Funeral Fund will be made by the burial authority to meet these costs rather than the charge being collected directly.
- LEVELLINGS PAVILLION REPAIRS (Paper M)
Members NOTED that a quotation was still outstanding for works to repair roof and rainwater goods at Levellings Pavilion.
Members RESOLVED that once further quotations have been received and as budget is previously agreed for the works, Officers should apply Financial Regulation 4.1 and agree the appointment in consultation with the Chairman of Council or appropriate Committee Chair rather than delay to a future Committee date.
The meeting concluded at 7.37pm