Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Full Council September 2019
September 4, 2019 @ 19:00
Councillor Keith Panter (In the Chair)
Councillor Matthew Boles
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Paul Key
Councillor Pat O’Connor
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor Denise Schofield
Councillor Baptiste Velan
Councillor James Ward
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk to the Council
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Sally Loates
Councillor Lesley Rollings
Councillor Kenneth Woolley
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
- Meeting of Council held on Wednesday 14 August 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on Wednesday 14 August 2019 be approved and signed as a correct record.
- TO RECEIVE SUCH COMMUNICATIONS AS THE PERSON PRESIDING MAY WISH TO LAY BEFORE THE COUNCIL (Paper B)
RESOLVED to note the Mayors Diary.
- TO RECEIVE THE DRAFT MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS (Paper C)
RESOLVED to NOTE draft minutes.
- TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER MOTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS
- Recommendation from Community Services Committee
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to: –
- make a budget virement of £705.00 from General Reserves to New Christmas Lights
- Purchase additional light curtain for the Christmas tree incl the required 2m header bar with 19 sockets, 19 sets of 24v cool white mini bulbs on 10m cables and the necessary additional 150VA weatherproof transformer at a cost of £705 +VAT
Members NOTED that the item was presented for information purposes only, as since the above recommendation was made on 10 July 2019 a revised budget has been approved which has incorporated £705 for new Christmas lights.
- Recommendation from Management and Finance Committee
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to: –
- approve the quotation received from Lincolnshire Assurance of £1,032.50 to carry out x2 site visits in 19/20
- increase the Internal Audit budget by £182.50 from General Reserves
Members NOTED that the item was presented for information purposes only, as since the above recommendation was made on 17 July 2019 a revised budget has been approved which has incorporated the £182.50 for Internal Audit.
- Recommendation and summary report from Wildflower Working Group (Paper D)
RESOLVED to defer the item to Community Services Committee for further clarification and discussion regarding the remit and membership.
- Recommendation from Policy Review working group in relation to new policies for adoption (Paper E)
- Death of a Senior Figure – Policy and Protocol
- Filming and recording of meetings
RESOLVED to adopt the Death of a Senior Figure – Policy and Protocol and the Filming and Recording of Meetings Policy and approve a budget virement of £20 from general reserves to purchase 20 x black armbands.
Note: Councillor Key voted against the above resolution.
Note: Councillor Clarke abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- Recommendation from Management and Finance Committee (Paper F)
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to adopt the Investment Strategy.
RESOLVED to adopt the Investment Strategy.
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
Members considered increasing membership of the Planning and Development Committee.
The current membership was ‘The Committee shall consist of no less than 3 Councillors and will not exceed 6’.
RESOLVED to bring the Planning and Development Committee in line with the Management and Finance Committee and Community Services Committee and amend the membership in Structure and Functions to read ‘The Committee shall consist of no less than 5 Councillors and will not exceed 7’
Note: Councillors Clarke and Key voted against the above resolution.
RESOLVED that Councillor Schofield be appointed to the Planning and Development Committee for 2019 / 2020.
- EXTERNAL AUDIT (Paper G)
Members NOTED the external auditor’s report for the year ended 31 March 2019.
Members thanked the RFO for another successful external audit with no issues raised.
- COMMITTEE VACANCIES
x1 Management and Finance Committee
RESOLVED that Councillor Schofield be appointed to the Management and Finance Committee for 2019 / 2020.
Note: Councillors Clarke and Key abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- REPORT FROM THE LEADER OF THE COUNCIL
The Leader advised of the following: –
- Attended a Transport Strategy Board meeting, Thorndyke Way / Corringham Road junction has been approved to have a 3way traffic light, Cross Street is again being looked at as a potential one way street, town centre parking is still being looked into with backing from LCC, Transport Strategy consultation is live.
- Gainsborough Transport Strategy – Workshop Invitation – only 1 space per workshop 17th & 18th Advise Deputy Clerk if interested in attending
- CCG meeting regarding Cleveland House doctors was cancelled and is to be rescheduled
- Meeting with Ian Knowles at WLDC
- Town Clerk Interviews on 12th September
The Leader stressed that all Members needed work together for the good of the town.
- REPORT FROM THE CLERK TO THE COUNCIL (Paper H)
The Deputy Clerk distributed the report and presented same to members.
It was requested that Marshalls Cricket irrigation be put on Community Services Committee for discussion.
Meeting concluded at 8.11pm