Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Planning and Development August 2019
August 28, 2019 @ 18:00
Councillor David Dobbie (Chairman)
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Keith Panter – ex-officio
Councillor Baptiste Velan
Councillor James Ward
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Matt Boles
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor James Plastow
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Planning and Development Committee held Tuesday 6 August 2019.
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Planning and Development Committee meeting held on Tuesday 6 August 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Dobbie voted against the above resolution.
Note: Councillor Lambie abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- Application Ref No.: 139864 (21/8/19, 28 days)
Proposal: Planning application for a single storey side extension
Location: 5 Bettys Lane Gainsborough
RESOLVED that Members SUPPORT the application.
- DECISION NOTICES (Paper B)
- Application Ref No.: 139727
Proposal: Planning application for alterations and extension to provide additional accommodation at ground floor and in roof space.
Location: 28 North Marsh Road Gainsborough
RESOLVED to NOTE the decision notice.
- STREET NAMING
- TREE PRESERVATION ORDERS
- HOUSING ZONE
The last update received in April was comprehensive and no further update has been received.
- MOTION REFERRED FROM FULL COUNCIL 05 JUNE 2019 (Paper C)
The Clerk advised that Councillor Clews had has correspondence with a senior highways officer at LCC but has not to date shared the detail in relation to extension of the 30mph restriction in this area.
RESOLVED to defer until the next meeting when either Councillors Clews or Dannatt will be in attendance to explain the motion further.
- PUBLIC CONSULTATION ON THE NOTTINGHAMSHIRE MINERALS LOCAL PLAN – FRIDAY 30 AUGUST to FRIDAY 11 OCTOBER
Members were advised that the Draft Plan consultation document along with a range of additional background information will be available on the website at Nottinghamshire.gov.uk/minerals.
Members will be asked for comments / feedback at the next meeting.
- TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER REQUEST (Paper D)
Members considered a request from a member of the public to support a request for a TPO on Pillared House Lane, Gainsborough.
RESOLVED to support: –
- the possible introduction of a residents parking scheme, request to be made directly to West Lindsey District Council
- the application for a traffic regulation order of the introduction of white lines to prevent parking across property entrances, and to notify the County Councillor for the area – Cllr Paul Key of the committee’s decision in order for him to submit the request to LCC.
Meeting concluded at 6.35pm