Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Levellings Site Improvement Working Group 2019
June 12, 2019 @ 10:00 - 17:00
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor Paul Key
In Attendance: Claire Hill
A member of the public attended as representative of Connexions Youth Council who are exploring the possibility of a MUGA in this area.
RESOLVED to appoint Councillor Craig as the Chair of the Working Group.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- REMIT OF WORKING GROUP
The Working Group reviewed and noted the remit of the group as set out within structure and functions.
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The Minutes of the previous meeting were approved as a correct record. A Member abstained from voting.
- REVIEW OF PREVIOUS ACTIVITIES AND CONSULTATION
The group reviewed the actions as set out in the Minutes of the previous meeting and NOTED the following:
- Consultation activity with Parish School had been completed
- Kompan competition unsuccessful
- Levellings charity status – It was noted that the external funding identified to date by the Clerk would accept applications from Statutory bodies or charities, it was acknowledged that the governance infrastructure was already in place for a submission as a Statutory Body but further research would need to be undertaken in relation to submission as a charity
- National Lottery Funding potential opportunity to be further explored
- Previous concern regards dog fouling is now being addressed as part of wider PSPO activities
- Change of use for area of the site – Members against further exploration
- Research of Sport England as possible source for further funding – brief summary given to the meeting, to be further explored
The remaining actions were deemed to be no longer relevant to the project.
The Clerk referred Member to previous consultation activity undertaken with Parish School and the resulting suggestions for new equipment.
- SITE ASPIRATIONS / DIRECTIONS
It was agreed that site aspirations using the existing consultation results should be the focus of the next meeting, along with further information as to the proposed MUGA.
Members considered the broader objectives of the project such a landscaping, possible public toilet provision and CCTV coverage.
- NEXT STEPS
Actions to be completed ahead of the next meeting were agreed as follows:
As is site photos
Plan to be drawn up from free mapping resource
Sport England funding to be researched
Previous consultation to be shared with Group members
Muga size requirements
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
This was agreed as Monday 1st July 2019 at 10.00am