Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Community Services Committee
September 8, 2020 @ 19:00 - 20:00
Present: Councillor Baptiste Velan (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor James Ward
Tom Clay Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES OF THE PREVOUS MEETING (Paper A)
Minutes of the meeting of Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 14 July 2020
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 14 July 2020 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Lambie and Ward abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- LEVELLINGS IMPROVEMENTS (Standing Item)
The Clerk advised the next meeting was scheduled for Friday 11 September 2020 and a report would follow.
- ARMED FORCES / COMMUNITY DAY (Standing Item)
The Clerk advised a meeting was scheduled for later in the month and a report would follow.
- MATTERS TO NOTE (Paper B)
RESOLVED to NOTE the contents of the report.
- ROSPA (Paper C)
Committee NOTED the RoSPA reports for various play area sites managed by the Town Council.
- COMMUNITY GRANTS
Committee NOTED no applications have been received for the scheme from 01 March 2020 to 31 August 2020.
- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR (Paper D)
Committee to consider a proposal relating to the awarding of the Citizen of the Year.
- To postpone the ‘normal’ Citizen of the Year award for a year with no nominations collected until the middle of 2021. This is due to Covid 19 and the restrictions it has brought about. This means that there is no guarantee that a recipient of the Award could attend the events as normal (Civic Service, Christmas Lights switch on, etc);
- that the Citizen of the Year award would take a slightly different form this year, and that consideration be given to a wider range of individuals and organisations. A particular emphasis would be given those who have supported people in Gainsborough or the Town more generally through the pandemic;
- Members to send nominations to the Deputy Clerk, and will be reported to the next meeting
- At a minimum the individual or organisation selected by the Committee will receive a certificate recognising the contribution they have made.
- LOVE LANE ACCESS ROAD (Paper E)
Committee considered the update about Love Lane Access Road.
- The update be noted;
- the Council postpone the blocking off access of allotment holders to the garage Access Road until more information is available about the installation of a dropped curb and the counter proposal is explored and a proposal is put before the Committee, and;
- the matter be considered along with new proposals for management of the garages and resurfacing of the access road at a future meeting of the Committee.
- CEMETERY EXTENSION (Paper F)
Committee to note and consider an update about the Cemetery Extension.
- Note the update, and;
- Explore with WLDC other locations to the north of the General Cemetery identified by CDS.
- FOOD MARKET AND CHRISTMAS EVENT (Paper G)
Committee NOTED the update about the Continental Food Market and Christmas event.
Members expressed their frustrations that media and press releases for the Continental market had no Town Council representation.
- MANAGEMENT OF ALLOTMENTS UPDATE (Paper H)
Committee NOTED the update following the resolution made at the last meeting.
Some Members advised they would like to see feedback from the Allotments Sub-Committee on the new draft Tenancy Agreement and Terms & Conditions, or failing a meeting happening from each individual Allotment Secretary.
RESOLVED to write to each Allotment Secretary and Allotments Sub-Committee member requesting for their feedback on the draft Tenancy Agreement and Terms & Conditions. If the Allotments Sub-Committee meeting happens on 1st October they can feedback into the meeting, failing that direct to the Town Clerk.
- DANES ROAD PARK (Paper I)
Item moved by Cllr T. Davies
Committee NOTED concerns with regards to the boundary at Danes Road Play Area.
- complete the small green fence at both ends that was erect when the play area was refurbished; and
- ask the Operations Manager to source quotations to fence off the 3 properties with direct access to the play area from their back gardens, and report back to the next meeting.
The meeting closed at 7.56pm