Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Full Council Meeting
September 1, 2020 @ 19:00 - 21:00
Present: Councillor Keith Panter (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Richard Craig
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Paul Key
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Pat O’Connor
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor James Ward
Tom Clay Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Sean Brennan
Councillor Denise Schofield
Councillor Baptiste Velan
- PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Town Clerk read out a submission from Simon Nicholson, Spital Hill Allotment Secretary and Allotment Sub-Committee Chairman.
RESOLVED to NOTE the submission and that it would be considered at item 8.
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
- Meeting of Council held on Tuesday 7 July 2020
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 7 July 2020 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Key voted against the above resolution.
Note: Councillor Ward abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- TO RECEIVE THE DRAFT MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS (Paper B)
RESOLVED to NOTE draft minutes.
- TOWN CLERKS REPORT (Paper C)
RESOLVED to NOTE the matters contained in the report.
- COMMITTEE PLACES
Council to make appointments to vacancies on committees / working groups.
- X2 Management and Finance Committee
- X1 Planning and Development Committee
RESOLVED to appoint Councillor Brennan to both Management and Finance Committee and Planning and Development Committee.
- REVIEW OF MEETINGS (Paper D)
Members considered the review into the holding of meetings and considered the options in relation to the holding of physical and remote meetings.
Councillor Boles proposed, seconded by Councillor Lambie that Council:-
- Note the NALC checklist at appendix 1;
- approve the amended Remote Meeting Protocols set out at appendix 2 which will remain in place regardless of which option is selected;
- adopt the revised timetable set out at appendix 3;
- continue with remote meetings until January 2021 as it will minimise risk and is in line with NLAC guidance, unless major changes to government guideline are issued;
- hold a further review in December 2020, and;
- instruct the Town Clerk to investigate further the possibility of holding hybrid meetings, and;
- should the Government bring forth major legislative changes before January 2021 consideration could be given to holding physical meetings.
Councillor Dobbie proposed an amendment to Councillor Boles recommendation that Committee Chairmen come to their own decision whether meetings are held remotely or not, seconded by Councillor Key.
A vote was taken on the amendment as follows: –
For: 4 votes
Against: 5 votes
A vote was taken on the original motion, now the substantive, as follows: –
For: 8 votes
Against: 2 votes
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Due to the confidential nature, members RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the next item in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
The item can be treated as confidential because they relate to issues, such as, terms of service, contractual arrangements and the engagement of staff.
- TOWN CLERK’S PROBATION (Paper E)
Members note and considered the recommendation made by the Personnel Committee on Wednesday 15 July 2020 that: “Following a successful probation period, the Clerk be confirmed in post.”
RESOLVED to following a successful probation period, the Town Clerk be confirmed in post.
Note: Councillor O’Connor abstained from voting on the above resolution.
Meeting concluded at 8.51pm