Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Community Services Committee
November 10, 2020 @ 19:00
Councillor Baptiste Velan (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio
Councillor Liz Clews – arrived at the meeting at 7:18pm
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor Chris Lambie
Tom Clay Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
Also Present: Councillor Paul Key
Councillor Sean Brennan
Also Present> Damon Parkinson, Gainsborough Trinity Foundation
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Keith Panter
Councillor James Plastow
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES OF THE PREVOUS MEETING (Paper A)
Minutes of the meeting of Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 13 October 2020
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 13 October 2020 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Velan abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- LEVELLINGS IMPROVEMENTS (Standing Item) (Paper B)
Members noted an update from Magda Reed Associates on the consultation process.
- ARMED FORCES AND COMMUNITY DAY (Standing Item)
Committee noted that there was no further update at this stage regarding Armed Forces and Community Day 2021.
- REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY
Members received a verbal update from Councillor Davies following Remembrance Sunday.
- CLOSURE OF FACILITIES (Paper C)
RESOLVED to NOTE the contents of the report and approve the actions taken.
- ROSES SPORTS GROUND AND PAVILION
Committee received a presentation from Councillor Velan regarding income, expenditure, funding streams, footfall and opportunities for local residents. Damon Parkinson of Gainsborough Trinity Foundation was present to answer questions.
Note: Councillor Clews arrived at the meeting at 7:18pm
- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR (Paper D)
RESOLVED to defer the item to the end of the meeting.
- 2021/2022 BUDGET AND OUTSTANDING WORKS
Members were asked to consider budget requirements for 2021/22. Nothing was raised.
- TOWN COUNCIL EVENTS FUNDING (Paper E)
Committee considered a request for contributions towards events.
Note: Councillor Clews left the meeting at 7:26pm
RESOLVED to approve:
- Expenditure of £6,000 to be paid to WLDC in support of the Continental Food event and Christmas events, and;
- Expenditure of £2,000 from the earmarked reserve to be paid to WLDC in support of the Mayflower 400/Illuminate programme.
- ALLOTMENT TENANCY AGREEMENT AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Paper F)
Committee considered options for the Allotment Tenancy Agreement and Terms & Conditions.
RESOLVED that in line with the Structures and Functions document both the current Allotment Tenancy Agreement and Terms & Conditions and the draft Allotment Tenancy Agreement and Terms & Conditions be referred to the Policy Review Working Group for further consideration.
- LOVE LANE ALLOTMENTS
Committee considered authorising expenditure of £180 to provide 4 tonnes of stone to improve the access surface at the north end of the site. The funds would come from reserves held for expenditure on the allotments which currently contains £6,266.83.
RESOLVED to authorise expenditure of £180 to provide 4 tonnes of stone to improve the access surface at the north end of the site of Love Lane Allotments. The funds would come from allotments reserves.
- LOVE LANE ALLOTMENT GARDEN FENCE – PLOTS 20&24 (Paper G)
It was proposed and seconded to excluded press and public.
Committee considered an update following a decision taken at the October 2020 meeting.
- The Town Clerk to send another letter by recorded delivery and email reiterating the Town Council’s position on the fence. The letter is to set out a clear deadline of three weeks for the removal of the fence.
- Should no action be taken it is proposed that a notice be posted at the plot setting out the position and give a deadline of a week.
iii. If following the notice, no action is taken it proposed that the action permitted under Terms 19, 20.1.a and 20.1.4 of the Tenancy Agreement be pursued,
- The Town Clerk to provide report with further information and pictures regarding complaint regards drainage, in order for Members to con=me to an informed decision
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Due to the confidential nature, members RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the next items in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR (Paper D)
Committee considered nominations for the Citizen of Year Award.
RESOLVED to award the following individuals and organisations the ‘Citizen of the Year’ award in recognition of the support towards people in Gainsborough or the Town more generally throughout the pandemic: –
- Richard Kane
- Caroline Davies
- Katie Davies
- Lynn Clayton
- Joshua Plastow
- Steve Ralf
- Caroline Ralf
- Harry Ferguson
- Julie Masonda
- Anne Cunningham
- Ben St John
- Trudi Oliver
- Lizzie Jordan
- Feeding Gainsborough
- Disability Network
- Affordable Foods
- Salvation Army
- All care homes in the town
- All major supermarkets
- John Coupland Hospital
Also to write a press release setting out who has received the award and thanking all those who had stuck by the guidance and thanking key workers.
- GENERAL CEMETERY GRAVE (Paper H)
Committee received and considered an update following a decision taken at the October 2020 meeting.
RESOLVED that: –
- The Town Clerk write a further letter to grave owner setting out that the number of items in general should be reduced and that particular items (food, waste, distasteful items, etc) should be removed within three weeks;
- that the new letter is sent as a tracked and recorded delivery;
iii. should the grave owner fail to act on the letter or contact the Town Council then a notice be placed at grave plot asking them to contact the Town Clerk about the matter, and;
- if after another week no contact has been made or action taken then the Town Council could consider undertaking the actions set out in Guidance Notes on Practices and Regulations within Gainsborough Subject: KNC 24X Grave Plot (General Cemetery) Page 2 of 3 Town Councils Cemeteries (General Rules & Regulations for Grave Plots section).
The meeting closed at 8.10pm