Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Armed Forces & Remembrance Sunday November 2019
November 28, 2019 @ 09:30
Councillor Tim Davies (Chairman)
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Keith Panter – ex-officio
Councillor James Plastow – arrived at 9.44am
Rachel Allbones Deputy Town Clerk
Jessica Flowers Administration Support Officer
Also Present: x1 Member of the Public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor James Plastow – to be late.
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group meeting 14th November 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Lambie abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- ARMED FORCES/COMMUNITY DAY 2020
- Members noted the current draft plan and SAG Event plan which is also required to be submitted. Members discussed the possible impact of the Euros on the event and therefore will await the schedule before confirming the event close time.
- Members noted the draft budget.
Note: Councillor Plastow arrived at the meeting at 9.44am.
RESOLVED: to use Combat Stress as the event charity for 2020.
Note: Councillor Davies abstained from voting on the above resolution.
Members allocated stalls/space costings which will include a donation to charity as follows:
Charity/information: £12 (inc £2 donation to the charity)
Business: £20 (inc £5 Donation to the charity)
Catering: £65 (inc £5 Donation to the charity)
- Allocated job roles for research/planning process:
- Health and Safety (incl Security) – Cllr Tim Davies, (alongside Admin Support Officer and Ops Manager)
- Stalls (incl Catering) – Cllr Dannatt
- Act of Remembrance & Parade (incl RBL Bike Branch) – Frank Charlton, Cllr T Davies& Caz Davies
- Armed Forces Involvement –Cllr Davies, Frank Charlton and Ian Bradley
- Funding – Admin Support Officer
- Outside Body Liaison- Cllr Dannatt & Ian Bradley
- Entertainment (incl Re-enactors) – Richard Lindsey
- Military Vehicles – Cllr Davies and Richard Lindsey
- Rotary Club BBQ – Cllr Clews
- Finding Local Service Personnel/veterans – Cllr Plastow and Cllr Lambie
- Publicity Brochure – Ian Bradley
- Childrens Activities –
Note: Councillor Panter left the meeting at 10.24am
Note: Councillor Clews left the meeting at 10.40am.
Councillor Plastow to provide his security qualifications to see if he is able to work along side hired security at the event.
- WAR MEMORIAL
Working Group noted the ongoing progress of the planning application.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The following working group meeting scheduled for Thursday 19th December at 9.30am.
The meeting concluded at 10.56am.