Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
You can telephone the Town Council during office hours at: 01427 811573. Alternatively you can
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Armed Forces & Remembrance Sunday February 2019
February 8, 2019 @ 09:35
Councillor Tim Davies (Chair)
Councillor Matthew Boles (ex-officio)
Councillor Caz Davies
Councillor Keith Panter
Councillor Kenneth Woolley
Frank Charlton – Chairman of RBL
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Jessica Flowers Admin Support Officer
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND REASONS GIVEN
Councillor Sally Loates
RESOLVED to accept the apologies received and reasons given.
- MINUTES (Paper A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Remembrance Sunday & Armed Forces Day Working Group held Tuesday 30 October 2018
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Remembrance Sunday & Armed Forces Day Working Group meeting held on Tuesday 30 October 2018 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Boles abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- ARMED FORCES / COMMUNITY DAY 2019
Committee reviewed their remit for Armed Forces Day, namely delivery of the event and recommendation of the associated budget to Community Services Committee.
Members reviewed the feedback and observations from the 2018 and noted that:
The event name would remain the same as it allows for wider applications to external funding sources and allows for existing banners to be reused.
Onsite preparations for this year’s event would take place on the Thursday and Friday prior to the event.
The event would run from 11am to 9pm, with the Act of Remembrance to take place at 3pm.
Councillor C Davies noted that consent was gained at the 2018 event to contact exhibitors with details of the 2019 event once known.
Greater provision for bins and toilets to be made this year than previously.
Better use of internal Pavillion space to be made.
Councillor Woolley & Councillor Loates are to provide medical support at the event.
Stage hire and compere worked very well and members agreed that the same arrangements should be sourced for 2019. It was agreed that the stage location would be brought forward this year.
Councillor T Davies noted that the event had been officially registered on the Armed Forces Website.
- ARMED FORCES DAY BUDGET PROPOSALS
Members reviewed the budget for 2018 and agreed that the charge for stalls would remain the same as 2018, £0 for information stalls, £5 for a school/charity, £10 for a business and £60 for catering.
RESOLVED to base the 2019 budget recommendation to Community Services Committee on 2018 income and expenditure levels and seek permission to secure arrangements in line with the draft budget.
RESOLVED to submit external funding applications to both the WLDC Councillor Initiative Fund and the Armed Forces Fund and that recommendation would be made to Management and Finance Committee to accept the grants if successful and allocate for spend in line with the proposed event budget (and in accordance with Standing Orders and Finance Regulations).
- ARMED FORCES DAY PROJECT UPDATE
Progress to date was noted and the following actions were agreed:
Councillor C and T Davies to:
- Contact Scotter Craft Fayre to organise and run stalls within the pavilion.
- Edit poster from 2018 to reflect time & date and correct omissions from 2018 and arrange printing.
- Book the stage and ensure that compere has audio of the National Anthem available for the Act of Remembrance.
- Speak to the Police in regard to the cannons firing and the possibility of traffic cones along Middlefield Lane to prevent traffic / parking issues and disruption.
- Review and update associated Risk Assessments for the event.
Councillor Panter to:
- Continue discussions regards vehicles and fly past and liaise with Cllrs C and T Davies on progress.
Councillor Woolley to:
- Seek Tiger Mouth fly past and bomb disposal car and liaise with Cllrs C and T Davies on progress.
Frank Charlton to:
Organise the Act of Remembrance and the associated invitations.
- Submit grant funding applications
- Investigate and implement temporary events and alcohol licenses
- Banners to be updated and sited in previous locations.
- Toilet hire (noting the need for additional).
- Hay bales are to be sought for stage seating.
- Grounds staff required for set up, at the event and clearing the site post event
- Permission to park to be sought from AMP Rose, St Georges Hall and Whites Wood Lane School.
- 2018 booking form to be updated with 2019 details and reference to privacy notice and traffic restrictions (no car movement until 5pm). Electronic and hard copies to be made available to Cllr C Davies
- Markets stalls x 30 to be sourced and costed via WLDC operational services.
- Skip hire to be secured for clearance activities at the end of the event.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Members agreed that at this stage of preparations a monthly meeting would suffice, and it was agreed that the next meeting would be arranged for early March.
Meeting concluded at: 10:30am