Lincolnshire County Council again faces challenges in setting a balanced budget while maintaining the services residents rely on.
Initial budget proposals for 2023/24 were discussed by Executive on 4 January 2023.
- £275m for adult care and community wellbeing
- £84m for children’s social care
- £47m for highways
- £22m for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue
More details are in the report here: https://lincolnshire.moderngov.co.uk/documents/s55220/Council%20Budget%202023-24.pdf
The proposals include three options for a rise in council tax of between 3% to 5%. Despite this, and additional government funding, the council will still need to use between £3.4m to £10.3m from its reserves to balance the budget, based on current projections.
We’d like to know what your council thinks of the options:
-Option A: 2% adult social care precept + 0.99% general precept = 2.99% precept
-Option B: 2% adult social care precept + 1.99% general precept = 3.99% precept
-Option C: 2% adult social care precept + 2.99% general precept = 4.99% precept
Please give us your feedback before 26 January 2023 here:
- Click Budget and council tax proposal 2023/24 | Let’s Talk Lincolnshire
- Email email@example.com
- Post to Financial Services, Lincolnshire County Council, County Offices, Newland
Lincoln. LN1 1YL
We’ll share responses with Executive on 7 February 2023.