Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
You can telephone the Town Council during office hours at: 01427 811573. Alternatively you can
email us at: email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Property & Services Committee 14.07.2021
July 14, 2021 @ 19:00 - 21:00
Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above.
MINUTES of a Meeting of the Property and Services Committee held in the Function Room, Marshalls Sports Ground, Middlefield Lane, Gainsborough on Wednesday 14 July 2021 at 7.00pm
Councillor Paul Key (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio
Councillor Richard Craig – ex officio
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor Keith Panter
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor James Ward
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Baptiste Velan
2. TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVOUS MEETING (Paper A)
Minutes of the meeting of Property and Services Committee held on Wednesday 9 June 2021
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Property and Services Committee held on Wednesday 9 June 2021 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
4. GAINSBOROUGH FRINDGE FESTIVAL 2022
Committee received a presentation regarding proposal for a Gainsborough Fringe Festival in 2022. It was agreed for Members to be given their contact email in order to work with them.
5. LEVELLINGS IMPROVEMENTS (Standing Item) (Papers B & C)
Committee received and considered the final report from Magda Read Associates.
Gainsborough Uphills MUGA Group Ltd provided some advice for the future when looking at a potential MUGA on the site.
Due to the confidential nature, members RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the next items in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Committee considered and noted the quotation received for footpath repairs to Levellings.
It was agreed that the Committee would have a site visit in the future.
6. ALLOTMENTS ISSUES (Paper D)
Committee NOTED the update in relation to Town Council managed allotments.
Note: Councillor Plastow declared a personal interest as he knew a plot holder that put their name forward to be a secretary.
RESOLVED that: –
- Letters be sent to plot holders that wont comply with the new Tenancy Agreement in March 2022 and advise they have until March 2022 to comply.
- Quotes for civil works be sought to provide water provision for Love Lane, North Warren Road and Showfield allotment sites.
- Secretary applications be approved, Councillors Key and Dannatt will attend Foxby Hill and Showfield allotment sites for the ballot voting.
- That the new Tenancy Agreement wording be amended the read – Schedule 1, 11.4. Firearms, ranged weapons, or handheld weapons are NOT to be used on any Allotment Site, and 9.1.7 to be removed and the Council will manage a waiting list for each site, the waiting list will always put the following people first: Gainsborough residents before non-residents; People who do not already have an allotment before those who have; Individuals before organisations and community groups (who may be offered a letting agreement slightly different to those for individuals).
Note: Councillor Panter left the meeting at 8.42pm
7. RICHMOND HOUSE & PARK (Paper E)
Committee noted the report and considered quotations received for a Condition Survey of Richmond House and outbuildings.
RESOLVED to accept the quotation from Henry Taylor Building Surveyors Ltd of £5,520 to carry out a condition survey of Richmond House and outbuildings.
8. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SCHEME (Paper F)
RESOLVED under Standing Order 3z to extend the meeting passed 2 hours.
Committee considered the quotations received for a new Christmas lighting scheme.
RESOLVED to defer the item and ask companies to work with a budget of £20,000 and request that the zig zag lights on Market Street, the canopy on Silver Street and a projector in the Market Place be incorporated in the quote.
9. ROUNDABOUTS (Paper G)
Committee noted the report regarding Council maintained roundabouts and further details will follow once further communication has been received from LCC.
10. BUS SHELTERS (Paper H)
Committee noted the report and consider adoption of a bus shelter on Beaumont Street.
RESOLVED to defer further discussion on the adoption of a bus shelter on Beaumont Street until members have been provided with a picture of the shelter, and ask Marshalls Yard if they would contribute to the bus shelter by way of cleaning.
Note: Councillor Ward voted against the above resolution.
The meeting closed at 9.37pm