Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.

You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.

Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).

For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here

Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.

You can telephone the Town Council during office hours at: 01427 811573. Alternatively you can


email us at: townclerk@gainsborough-tc.gov.uk

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Property and Services Committee

May 10 @ 19:00 - 21:00

2022-05-10 Papers as sent

Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above.

Minutes of the Property & Services Committee Meeting 10 May 2022 held in the Reading Room, Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough

Councillors Present

Paul Key Pat O’Connor
Dennis Dannatt James Plastow (Vice-Chairman)
Tim Davies (Chairman)

 

Councillors Absent

Matt Boles Chris Lambie
Julie Musonda Baptiste Velan

 

In attendance:

Belina Boyer- Town Clerk (TC) Sean Alcock (OM)

 

Also present: there was no public present.

 

Agenda no Agenda item title Resolution Action Power
P&S23/001 To note apologies for absence. Apologies had been received for Cllrs Boles, Lambie and Musonda.

 

Local Government Act 1972, s85 (1)

& Sch 12, p40.

P&S23/002 Appoint Vice Chairman for this committee The Committee appointed Cllr James Plastow as Vice -Chairman of this committee. Local Government Act 1972, s15 (6)
P&S23/003 To receive any declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011. There were none. Localism Act 2011, s31.
P&S23/004 To consider any dispensation requests received by the Clerk in relation to personal and/or disclosable pecuniary interests, not previously recorded. There were none. Localism Act 2011, s33.
P&S23/005 To determine which items on the agenda, if any, require the exclusion of public and press under the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2) and resolve to exclude public and press for these items. There were none. Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2)
P&S23/006 To receive the minutes of the previous Property and Services Committee meeting(s) and resolve to sign these as a true record of the meeting(s).

Paper A – Property and Services Thursday 14 April 2022.

The Committee resolved to sign the minutes of the Property and Services Committee Meeting of Thursday 14 April 2022 as a true record of that meeting. ASO to publish Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p41 (1). 
P&S23/007 To note the clerk’s report on items concerning this committee ( for information only)

Paper B

The Committee noted the clerk’s report.

 

 
P&S23/008 To consider what action to take following a complaint about an offensive memorial in the cemetery.

Paper C

The committee resolved that the memorial could remain as it had been established speaking to the family that the memorial depicted a hand making the sign for peace. The family would be encouraged to submit a memorial application form. OM to issue memorial application.  
P&S23/009 To consider approving additional grass cutting in public areas not covered by the LCC Parish Verges agreement.

Paper D

The committee deferred the decision to establish who owned the particular parcels of land. OM to make the necessary enquiries with land registry etc. Local Government Act 1972, ss111 112
P&S23/010 To consider various requests to erect sheds and similar structures on allotments.

Paper E

The committee resolved to permit the polytunnel but not the shed as it exceeds the permitted size as per the tenancy agreement. ASO to write to applicant.

 

N/A
P&S23/011 To consider a late nomination for site secretary – Showfield Allotments. Cllr Dannatt declared a personal interest as the candidate was a distant relative and abstained from voting.

The committee resolved to re-appoint the previous site secretary for Showfields allotments having received a late nomination.

TC to write candidate.  
P&S23/012 To consider and decide a time table for allotment inspections.

Paper F

The committee resolved that an inspections procedure should be drawn up. Recent personnel changes would likely result in a delay of the inspection timetable. . TC to draw up inspection procedure.. N/A
P&S23/013 To note first estimates for improvements to the Levellings dog walk and consider whether to go ahead following the receipt of further quotes

Paper G

The committee resolved to formally look into the re-installation of the dog walk and obtain further quotes.. TC/OM to obtain further quotes. . Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S23/014 To consider applying for a Public Spaces Protection Order for Levellings Park requiring dog walkers to keep their animals on a lead.

Paper H

The committee resolved to look into the practicalities of a “dogs on leads” PSPO for Levelings Park.

 

TC to liaise with WLDC. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S23/015 To consider the renewal of Public Spaces Protection Orders for Gainsborough Cemeteries.

Paper I

The Committee resolved that the Public Spaces Protection Orders for the cemeteries should be renewed. TC to liaise with WLDC and request additional signs. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S23/016 To consider a grant application from the parish church for two new notice boards.

Paper J

After thorough consideration the committee resolved to refuse the grant for two new notice boards. TC to write to the applicant. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S23/017 To consider appointing  a building contractor to carry out essential and urgent maintenance as described in report and authorising the necessary expenditure.

Exclusion of public and press recommended due to time sensitive commercial sensitivity.

Paper K

There was no public present.

 

The Committee resolved to appoint ADB to carry out the work on condition that the final invoice would say within the tolerances permitted in financial regulations.

 

OM to inform contractors and get work started.

 

Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S23/018 To receive any items for notification to be included on a future agenda – for information only ·         Update information sheet at cemetery notice board

·         Add “no alcohol” to Levellings PSPO

TC to add to agenda. N/A
P&S23/019 To note the date and time of the next Property and Services committee scheduled 8 June 2022 at 19.00 The committee noted  the date and time of the next Property and Services committee scheduled 8 June 2022 at 19.00 at Richmond House. Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p10 (2)(a)

 

Signed as a true record of the Meeting:_______________________________   Dated______________

Presiding chairman of approving meeting

Details

Date:
May 10
Time:
19:00 - 21:00
Event Category:

Venue

Richmond House
Richmond House, Richmond Park
GAINSBOROUGH, Lincolnshire DN21 2RJ United Kingdom
+ Google Map

Organiser

Town Clerk