Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Planning and Development August 2019
August 6, 2019 @ 17:00
Councillor David Dobbie (Chairman)
Councillor Keith Panter – ex officio
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor Baptiste Velan (arrived at 5:02pm)
Councillor James Ward
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk
Also Present: Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Chris Lambie
6 x Members of the Public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Matt Boles
Councillor Richard Craig advised he would be late
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Planning and Development Committee held Tuesday 28 May 2019.
Note: Councillor Velan arrived at the meeting at 5:02pm
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Planning and Development Committee meeting held on Tuesday 28 May 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Plastow and Ward abstained from voting on the above resolution.
RESOLVED under Standing Order 10.a.v1 to alter the order of business and take item 8 next.
- HIGHWAY ISSUES (Paper C)
- School safety zone at Castle Wood Academy
The Headteacher and parents of the Castle Wood Academy informed Members of the safety issues with regards to lack of signage, speed limits and on street parking before and after school.
RESOLVED to support the principle of the measures suggested by the school and parents and to put forward a suite of measures to LCC for their consideration, effectively creating a ‘school safety zone’, namely:
- 20mph speed limit to be in place during the hours of 8am to 9.30am and 2.30pm to 4.30pm along The Avenue commencing prior to the Leisure Centre car park exit and to extend beyond the school entrance
- Extension of the current ‘school keep clear’ markings to the Leisure Centre exit and extending to the brow of the hill in the opposite direction
- School Crossing patrol to be implemented
- Creation of a zebra crossing over the Avenue for pedestrian traffic
- Signage to be improved and expanded from existing which is 1 x warning sign sited at the school entrance
Note: Councillor Clews and 6 Members of the public left the meeting.
- North Street – School crossing patrol site
Members considered the email received from the LCC Road Safety (Accident Investigation) Manager regarding the school crossing patrol on North Street.
RESOLVED to respond as follows:
Suggest that a combination of options 1 and 4 are considered, namely move the SCP to the existing island refuge and remark the carriage way accordingly.
In addition improve existing signage and consider the addition of flashing amber lights to alert drivers to the SCP during times of operation. Body worn cameras for SCP personnel to support the issuing of penalties for ‘drive throughs’.
- DECISION NOTICES (Paper B)
- Application Ref No.: 139246
Proposal: Planning application to substitute 4no. 3-bed townhouses to plots 43- 46 with 6no.1-bed flats as approved under references 125240 and 130955.
Location: Former Co-op Dairy, Northolme, Gainsborough
Members NOTED the decision noted.
- STREET NAMING
- TREE PRESERVATION ORDERS
- HOUSING ZONE
No further update received.
- MOTION REFERRED FROM FULL COUNCIL 05 JUNE 2019 (Paper D)
RESOLVED to defer the item until Councillor Clews is in attendance.
Meeting concluded at 5.49pm