Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Management and Finance Committee April 2019
April 30, 2019 @ 19:00
Councillor Steven Ward (In the Chair)
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Richard Craig (ex-officio)
Councillor Paul Key
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk to the Council
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Denise Schofield
Members NOTED the apologies received.
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
Councillor Craig declared a non-pecuniary interest in agenda item 10 as a Lincolnshire County Council employee.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Papers A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Management and Finance Committee held Tuesday 19 March 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Management and Finance Committee meeting held on Tuesday 19 March 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Craig and Ward abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR MARCH & APRIL 2019
- Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 25 April 2019 (Paper B)
Members considered at length Paper B & Paper B Revised.
RESOLVED that Members accept the transactions in Paper B Revised – Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 30 April 2019.
Note: Councillor Key requested further information regarding the outcome of the Burton & Dyson invoice for works on land off Sandsfield Lane be brought to a future meeting.
- Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 31 March 2019 (Paper C)
Members considered Paper C.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper C – Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 31 March 2019.
iii. Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 31 March 2019 (Paper D)
Members considered Paper D.
Noted that a credit note is due on the Unicom account for electricity usage on Trinity Street Xmas lights, following numerous telephone conversations the credit has not yet been actioned. Members requested that they be informed of progress and Officers look at the possibility of legal action.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper D Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 31 March 2019.
- MONTHLY BANK RECONCILIATION SIGN OFF FOR MARCH (Paper E)
RESOLVED to accept and sign off the Bank Reconciliation for 31 March 2019.
- YEAR END ACCOUNTS 31 March 2019 (Paper J)
Members considered end of year reports for 31st March 2019: –
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return, Section 2, Accounting Statements
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Income & Expenditure Account
- Income and Expenditure Figures by Budget Heading
- Income and Expenditure Accounts Analysis
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to approve end of year accounts for yearend 31st March 2019
- COMPLAINTS (Paper F)
Members NOTED the report received from the Clerk.
- INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT (Paper G)
Members received and considered the internal audit report 2018/19 and associated action plan.
RESOLVED that Members noted the Internal Audit Report and associated action plan.
RESOLVED to under Standing Order 10.a.xi enter closed session and exclude public and press.
- FIXED ELECTRICAL TESTING (Paper H)
Members considered quotations received to clear all outstanding faults at Roses, Marshalls, Richmond House, General Cemetery and Levellings following recent Fixed Electrical Testing.
RESOLVED to accept the quotations received from A Price Electrical Ltd on the proviso that the Year End Accounts for 31st March 2019 are approved at Full Council.
- LCC PARISH VERGE SCHEME CONTRIBUTION (Paper I)
Members NOTED the update on the budget decision by LCC in relation to Parish Verge Scheme Contribution levels.
The meeting concluded at 8.16pm