Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Levellings Site Improvement Working Group 2018
March 21, 2018 @ 20:00
Councillor Steven Ward
Councillor Denise Schofield
In Attendance: Matthew Gleadell
RESOLVED to appoint Councillor Ward as the Chair of this Working Group.
- REMIT OF WORKING GROUP
The Working Group reviewed and noted the remit of the working group which was duly explained to them by The Clerk.
- CONSULTATION/PROJECT PLAN
The Clerk gave those present an outline of the various consultation work already undertaken and discussion was held around the outline project plan. Particular discussion was held in relation to the issue of dog fouling on the site and the benefit of CCTV. There were mixed views on how beneficial CCTV would be to the issue.
- PROJECT OBJECTIVES
Members considered the broader objectives of the project. Security of the changing room block was noted as a particular priority. General improvements around the site were also welcome. Discussion was held around the possibility of seeking funding for a series of events on the site which may link to certain physical improvements.
- KOMPAN COMPETITION
The Clerk explained that he had entered a competition with Kompan and explained that if successful, the Council would need to find £30k match funding to go toward £30k that would put into the project by Kompan themselves. It was agreed that Full Council should be approached with a view to providing some additional funding for the project should the Kompan competition be successful. The Clerk noted that it is likely he would be able to secure at least £8k from West Lindsey District Council towards the project. It was noted that some outline designs from Kompan would be helpful for the general project process.
The Clerk explained that there is a charity which exists for the benefit of the site. The Clerk explained that the charity is dormant at present but could be used towards the project.
- NEXT STEPS
It was agreed that the following steps would be taken in relation to the project: –
|ACTION||RESPONSIBILITY||PRIOR PROGRESS UPDATE||NEXT STEPS|
|Parish Junior School, who use the Levellings for PE, are to complete a project highlighting ideals for equipment and opportunities for the Levellings.||Matthew Gleadell||Expecting the project to be complete by June|
|A competition with Kompan for match funding has been entered with a good chance of success.||Matthew Gleadell||The equipment
needs to be in
funding may be
|MG to add to the Agenda of the next full Council Meeting with intent to discuss the addition of further funds.|
|Levellings has Charity status. Research how this status could further possibilities for improving the site.||Denise Schofield|
|National Lottery Funding is an available source of additional funding. Research possibilities and look at the process with a view to making an application.||Denise Schofield|
|During a Facebook Consultation, dog fouling was raised as a major concern.||Matthew Gleadell
|Several officers are now enabled to fine owners for not clearing up after their pet. It is difficult to secure the evidence needed.||CCTV is an option with a rent of 1K per annum.
MG and SW to visit WLDC to observe CCTV in action.
|There is sufficient space within the site to change use possibly for 3 units subject to current lease and a change to deeds.||Matthew Gleadell||To pursue further as required.|
|Research Sports England as a possible sources of further funding.
|The National Citizen Service undertook a consultation process and produced a report. Liaise with NCS to discuss some of the findings.||Steven Ward|
|Look into the possibility of local Traders to offer goods and services rather than financial funding.||Denise Schofield.|
Meeting closed at 11.45am