Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Full Council November 2020
November 3, 2020 @ 19:00
Councillor Keith Panter (Chairman)
Councillor Sean Brennan
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor David Dobbie
Councillor Paul Key
Councillor Sally Loates
Councillor Pat O’Connor
Councillor James Plastow
Councillor Baptiste Velan
Councillor Kenneth Woolley
Tom Clay Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Matt Boles
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor Denise Schofield
- PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
- Meeting of Council held on Tuesday 6 October 2020
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6 October 2020 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Dobbie, Loates and Woolley abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- TO RECEIVE THE DRAFT MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS (Paper B)
RESOLVED to NOTE draft minutes.
- TOWN CLERKS REPORT (Paper C)
The Town Clerk updated Members on the upcoming lock down rules with regards our sites.
RESOLVED to NOTE draft minutes.
- COMMITTEE PLACES
Council to make appointments to vacancies on committees / working groups.
- X1 Management and Finance Committee
RESOLVED that Councillor Davies be appointed to the Management and Finance Committee.
- LALC COUNTY COMMITTEE CO-OPTION (Paper D)
Council considered nominating a representative for the LALC County Committee.
RESOLVED to nominate Councillor O’Connor as a representative on the LALCA County Committee.
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS (Paper E)
Council considered accepting the quote and approve expenditure relating to Christmas Lighting.
RESOLVED to agree to approve the expenditure of £12,700 and instruct R&E Electrical to undertake the Christmas lighting work.
- WEBSITE (Paper F)
Council considered options relating to the creation of a new Town Council website.
The recommendation was proposed and seconded.
An amendment to continue to use the Lincolnshire County Council website for 6 months then review was proposed and seconded.
A vote was taken on the amendment: 4 votes for, 6 votes against
A vote was taken on the substantive: 6 votes for, 4 votes against
- Approve option 2 of drumBEAT creating a new website for the Town Council;
- Agree to expenditure of £2,000 to establish the new site and include £120 in the budget for future years to cover ongoing maintenance, and;
iii. Instruct the Town Clerk to work with drumBEAT to set up the new website.
Meeting concluded at 8.09pm