Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Armed Forces & Remembrance Sunday December 2019
December 19, 2019 @ 09:30
Councillor Tim Davies (Chairman)
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor James Plastow – arrived at 9.33am
Rachel Allbones Deputy Town Clerk
Jessica Flowers Administration Support Officer
Also Present: x2 Members of the Public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group meeting 28th November 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Plastow arrived at the meeting at 9.33am.
- ARMED FORCES/COMMUNITY DAY 2020
- Admin Support Officer and Cllr Davies updated the group on the meeting with LCC highways and police that they were happy for the event to take place with the proposed road closures.
- Admin support officer noted to the group the plan as advised by WLDC to submit Councillor Initiative fund to all district councillors and ascertain support before looking to Match funding.
- RESOLVED – to end the event at 5pm and re-evaluate for the following year.
- RESOLVED – to have the parade route from the Bus station, up to Market Street, through Lord street, down Caskgate Street and back up through Silver street to the Market Place, subject to approval from the Safety Advisory Group.
- Victoria Mason from the Old Hall confirmed they would take ownership of the re-enactors (with admin support from the group) which would enable them to apply from the community grants scheme to cover the cost of the re-enactors.
- Group members noted their progress within job roles
- Members received PAPER B confirming their roles in the planning process.
- WAR MEMORIAL
Working Group noted the ongoing progress of the planning application.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The following working group meeting scheduled for Thursday 9th January at 9.30am.
The meeting concluded at 10.22am.