Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Personnel Committee – 08.09.2021
September 8, 2021 @ 19:00 - 21:00
Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above.
MINUTES of a Meeting of the Personnel Committee held in the Ceremony Room, Richmond House, Richmond Park, Morton Terrace, Gainsborough on Wednesday 8 September 2021 at 7.00pm
Councillor Kenneth Woolley (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor Sally Loates
Councillor Pat O’Connor
Councillor Keith Panter
Councillor Denise Schofield
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk & RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Richard Craig – ex officio
Councillor Baptiste Velan
2. TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor O’Connor declared a personal interest in agenda item 8 as he wrote the report.
3. MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Paper A)
i. Minutes of the meeting of Personnel Committee held Thursday 15 July 2021
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Personnel Committee meeting held on Thursday 15 July 2021 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Panter abstained from voting on the above resolution.
4. HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY (Paper B)
Committee considered the reviewed Health and Safety policy.
RESOLVED to approve the reviewed Health and Safety policy.
5. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Due to the confidential nature, members RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the next four items in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
6. GROUNDS MAINTENANCE UPDATE AND RECRUITMENT (Paper C)
Committee received and noted an update on the Grounds Maintenance team, recruitment and current staff member probation.
RESOLVED that; –
- Councillors Boles and Panter would be available for the probation reviews
- Councillors Boles and T Davies would be available for shortlisting and interviews for the Grounds Maintenance Operative position, with Councillors Schofield and Woolley as reserves.
7. ADMIN SUPPORT OFFICER POST
Committee discussed the benefits of early appointment of a full time Admin Support Officer.
The Committee noted the current Admin Support Officer was no longer imminently leaving, so didn’t feel it was appropriate to appoint to the post early.
Committee considered potentially changing the current Admin Support Officer role, title and salary.
RESOLVED that: –
- Councillor Boles would consult with HR to confirm if Council could change the job description / title and salary of the current Admin Support Officer
- Councillor Woolley to speak with the current Admin Support Officer to see if she would be happy with a change in job description
- Look into potentially recruiting a part time Admin Support Officer
8. COUNCIL REVIEW (Paper D)
Committee considered the report from Councillor O’Connor.
Having discussed the document and noted it, the Committee thanked Councillor O’Connor for his time and thoroughness in providing the Council with a comprehensive working document.
9. STAFFING REQUESTS (Papers E & F)
Committee considered requests received from two employees
The Committee discussed the requests. It was unanimously agreed that the additional work undertaken in the absence of the Clerk was sincerely appreciated and the staff requests be duly considered. Having taken advice from HR it was agreed to take the matter to Full Council for consideration.
The meeting concluded at 8.36pm