Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Management and Finance Committee March 2019
March 19, 2019 @ 19:04
Councillor Paul Key (In the Chair)
Councillor Matt Boles (ex-officio)
Councillor Harry Clarke
Councillor David Dobbie – arrived at 7.05pm
Councillor Denise Schofield
Councillor Aaron Taylor – arrived at 7.07pm
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk to the Council
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Richard Craig (ex-officio)
Councillor Steven Ward (Chair)
Members NOTED apologies received.
Note: Councillor Dobbie arrived at the meeting at 7.05pm
Note: Councillor Taylor arrived at the meeting at 7.07pm
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
Councillor Key declared a non-pecuniary interest in agenda item 12 as a Lincolnshire County Councillor.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING (Papers A)
- Minutes of the meeting of Management and Finance Committee held Tuesday 19 February 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Management and Finance Committee meeting held on Tuesday 19 February 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Schofield and Taylor abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR FEBRUARY & MARCH 2019
- Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 14 March 2019 (Paper B)
Members considered at length Paper B & Paper B Revised.
RESOLVED that Members accept the transactions in Paper B Revised – Unpaid Expenditure Transactions for 19 March 2019.
- Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 March 2019 (Paper C)
Members considered Paper C.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper C – Cashbook Summary (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 March 2019.
iii. Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 March 2019 (Paper D)
Members considered Paper D.
RESOLVED that Members note Paper D Budget Comparison Report (including due and unpaid transactions) for 14 March 2019.
- MONTHLY BANK RECONCILIATION SIGN OFF FOR FEBRUARY (Paper E)
RESOLVED to accept and sign off the Bank Reconciliation for 28 February 2019.
- COMPLAINTS (Paper F)
Members NOTED the report received from the Clerk.
- TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER RECOMMENDATIONS
- Recommendation from Community Services Committee (Paper D App C of Community Services Committee held 12 March 2019
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE to wavier the charge for venue and pitch hire for the Marshalls Sports FC football tournament in June 2019.
RESOLVED to wavier the charge for venue and pitch hire for the Marshalls Sports FC football tournament in June 2019.
Note: Councillor Key voted against the above resolution.
- Recommendation from Community Services Committee (Paper H of Community Services Committee held 12 March 2019)
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE to ear mark £2,500 for green waste removal from the General Cemetery and Richmond Park.
RESOLVED to ear mark £2,500 for green waste removal from the General Cemetery and Richmond Park.
Note: Councillors Clarke & Key voted against the above resolution.
- Recommendation from Personnel Committee
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE COMMITTEE to extend the Administration Support Officer role to 30 hrs per week.
RESOLVED to: –
- change the staffing structure to extend the Administration Support Officer role to 30 hrs per week.
- RECOMMEND TO FULL COUNCIL to make a budget virement of £9,565 from general fund to Employee Costs, Payroll in order to increase the Administration Support Officer role to 30 hours per week.
Note: Councillors Clarke & Key abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- EARMARKED RESERVES (Paper G)
Members considered proposals for earmarked reserves following the end of the financial year.
Members NOTED the proposed year end earmarked reserves, noting that the formal year-end balance sheet would come before Committee in May.
- CHILDRENS FUNERAL FUND
The fund was announced in March 2018 and was to be formally confirmed in the Autumn budget, enquiries with the House of Commons Library could provide no further detail. The fund was discussed at Prime Ministers questions on 27 February 2019 with commitment from the government to implement in the summer. An update will be notified via ICCM.
Members NOTED the above.
- GROUNDS MAINTENANCE (Paper H)
Members considered a response to WLDC in relation to Grounds Maintenance tender activity.
RESOLVED to advise WLDC that Gainsborough Town Council do not wish to partake in in the initial procurement process to appoint an external provider for grounds maintenance across the WL sites, but may discuss the options in the future once the framework has been agreed.
- DEBTOR REPORT (Paper I)
RESOLVED under Standing Order 10.a.xi to exclude the press and public from a meeting in respect of confidential or other information which is prejudicial to the public interest.
Members considered current outstanding debtors.
Note: Councillor Boles declared a non-pecuniary interest as a trustee of Gainsborough Trinity Foundation.
The Clerk informed Members that the outstanding debt for Gainsborough Trinity Foundation would need to be referred to Full Council to be written off as per the Councils Debt Recovery Policy.
Note: Councillor Clarke voted against the above resolution.
Note: Councillor Boles abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- SHOWFIELD ALLOTMENT WALL (Paper J)
Members received an update on works completed, update to assumptions and associated changes to costs.
At the request of Councillor Key, a recorded vote was taken as follows: –
For: – Councillors Boles, Dobbie, Scofield & Taylor
Against: -Councillors Clarke & Key
RESOLVED that: –
- works to complete the three sections of the Showfield Allotment wall continue based on the revised quotations from ADB Builders (App C)
- Members agree that the £13,000 unspent budget be earmarked
- Members agree to ear mark a further £2,000 from unspent allotment budgets, to enable completion of the works as planned
- FIXED ELECTRICAL TESTING (Paper K)
RESOLVED to defer receiving quotations to clear all faults at Roses, Marshalls, Richmond House, General Cemetery and Levellings following recent Fixed Electrical Testing until the next meeting when further quotations should be present.
The meeting concluded at 9.23pm