Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Levellings Site Improvement Working Group 2019
August 23, 2019 @ 17:05
Councillor Richard Craig (Chairman)
Councillor Paul Key
Councillor James Ward
Claire Hill Town Clerk
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
A representative of Connexions Youth Council was also in attendance.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Matt Boles
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Levellings Site Improvement Working Group meeting held on Friday 9 August 2019 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
- ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
The group reviewed the actions as set out in the Minutes of the previous meeting and NOTED the following:
- Cllr Ward to research disable play equipment – Cllr Craig advised that he and Cllr Ward had met with a representative from Disability Network regards disabled play equipment. Cllr Ward advised that he would also be speaking to local schools regards level of need when they returned from the summer break. Cllr Ward distributed a Sovereign brochure which contained examples of disabled equipment. There was some discussion in relation to funding with indicative pricing at £13k for an adapted roundabout. Cllr Craig referred to the information from Disability Network that there were significant funds still to be allocated from the National Lottery Awards for All scheme.
- Quotation for surfacing repairs / renewal to surface of Proludic area to be sought as soon as possible – The Clerk advised that quotes for surface renewal works were outstanding and that it would be some weeks before contractors were available to attend site. It was agreed that quotation for repair only should also be sought.
- Cllr Craig to speak to Sport England regards skate park funding – Noted as outstanding, with Cllr Craig to action alongside contact with the National Lottery Awards Scheme.
- Further quote for swing upgrade to be confirmed – The Clerk distributed the quote received for equipment only from Proludic and noted that the HAGS quotation was outstanding and expected to be a further three weeks before receipt.
- FEASIBILITY STUDY AND INVOLVEMENT OF LINCOLN UNIVERSITY
Cllr Craig referred to the need for external funding to support wider works to the site and the value of a feasibility study to support any grant application. Noting the need for this to be externally resourced and indicative costs at circa £2k, Cllr Craig sought the groups consent to him exploring with the Enterprising Communities Manager at WLDC grant funds to support a feasibility study, all agreed.
Cllr Craig then referred to conversations with Lincoln University and how they may be able to support the project in terms of community engagement, it was greed that Cllr Craig would explore this further.
- NEXT STEPS
Actions to be completed ahead of the next meeting were agreed as follows:
Quotations for renewal and repair to surfacing to be progressed
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Agreed as Friday 20 September at 10am subject to quotations being available.
The meeting closed at 6.00pm