Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Community Services Committee
July 14, 2020 @ 19:00
Present: Councillor Baptiste Velan (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt – arrived at 7:05pm
Councillor Tim Davies
Councillor James Plastow
Tom Clay Town Clerk
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
Also Present: Councillor Richard Craig
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Chris Lambie
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS’ DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- MINUTES OF THE PREVOUS MEETING (Paper A)
Minutes of the meeting of Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 10 March 2020
Note: Councillor Dannatt arrived at the meeting at 7:05pm
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Community Services Committee held on Tuesday 10 March 2020 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillors Boles and Dannatt abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- LEVELLINGS IMPROVEMENTS (Standing Item) (Paper B)
Councillor Craig, in his capacity as the Chairman of the Working Group, updated the Committee on progress so far. He advised Members it is a 5-year plan for Levellings and a feasibility study not a viability study. He also advised that he would not be asking the Council or Officers to prepare funding bids, he felt that the Working Group and other organisation could manage the work. Councillor Craig also stated that he felt that certain items should be scaled back, he specifically referred to elements of the skate park and car park. Councillor Craig made clear that he wished to undertake a public consultation as soon as possible.
Committee Members raised a general concern that the proposals were disproportionate and should not be consulted on in the current form. A specific concern was raised that much of what had been proposed would be beyond the means of the Town Council to effectively manage. It was also thought that what had been proposed would most likely lead to an increase in the precept which should be taken into account before public consultation.
RESOLVED for the Town Clerk and Councillor Craig to liaise with MRA Associates, setting out the comments made by Committee members and requesting that the proposals be tailored down and a new proposal be put to Community Services Committee for consideration prior to public consultation taking place.
Note: Councillor Craig left the meeting at 7:40pm
- ARMED FORCES / COMMUNITY DAY (Standing Item) (Paper C)
- Postpone the Armed Forces Day event until weekend of Friday 25 June 2021 to Sunday 27 June 2021;
- the budget being noted of £3,582 for a 2021 and;
- the Administrative Support Officer be given delegated powers to organise and manage the event.
Note: Councillor Plastow abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- MATTERS TO NOTE (Paper D)
RESOLVED to NOTE the contents of the report.
- LOVE LANE GARAGES AND ACCESS ROAD (Paper E)
- Agree to option 3 of the report, limit access to the access road to allotment holders by locking the gate at the entrance to the allotments, and;
- instruct the Town Clerk and Operations Manager to bring forward to a future meeting of the Committee proposals for management of the garages and to explore other options for repair or resurfacing the access road.
- GENERAL CEMETERY DRAINAGE (Paper F)
RESOLVED to accept the quotation from Croft Drainage and to approve expenditure of £9,613 to install a new surface water disposal system installed at the General Cemetery.
- GENERAL CEMETERY EXTENSION (Paper G)
RESOLVED to accept the proposed phase 1 work, agree the expenditure of £4,750 and instruct Cemetery Development Services (CDS) to undertake the work.
- MANAGEMENT OF ALLOTMENTS (Paper H)
RESOLVED to work with Allotment Secretaries to review the Allotment Tenancy Agreement and the Terms & Conditions. It was resolved that associated documents, such as the Structure & Functions, Scheme of Delegation and Complaints Policy also be reviewed. The Town Clerk to report back to Community Services Committee as soon as possible with reviewed and updated documents that are more fit for purpose.
- ALLOTMENT COMPLAINTS (Paper I)
- Foxby Hill Allotments
RESOLVED to note the complaint and the fact that the Town Council has no authority currently to override a decision taken by the Foxby Hill Garden Allotments.
- Love Lane Allotments
RESOLVED to note the complaint and the actions taken to date. Members resolved that the new sections of fence be removed and the plot holder informed.
- RICHMOND PARK PUBLIC TOILETS – referred from Full Council (Paper J)
RESOLVED to agree to option 1, that is, keep the Richmond Park public toilets closed until adequate resources are in place to reduce the risk of cross contamination to an acceptable level.
The meeting closed at 8.35pm