Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Armed Forces & Remembrance Sunday September 2020
September 24, 2020 @ 14:00
Councillor Tim Davies (Chairman)
Councillor Matt Boles – ex officio (arrived at the meeting at 2.16pm)
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Keith Panter – ex officio
Councillor James Plastow
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Jessica Flowers Administration Support Officer
Sean Alcock Operations Manager
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group meeting Thursday 6 February 2020 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Panter abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- WORKING GROUP MEMBERSHIP
Working Group NOTED that Frank Charlton has withdrawn from the membership of the Working Group. The working group thanked his for his work and wished him well.
- COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE RESOLUTION (Paper B)
The Working Group NOTED the report considered by the Community Services Committee on 14 July 2020 and the following resolution:
- Postpone the Armed Forces Day event until weekend of Friday 25 June 2021 to Sunday 27 June 2021;
- the budget being noted of £3,582 for a 2021, and;
iii. the Administrative Support Officer be given delegated powers to organise and manage the event.
RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND TO COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE to increase the budget for the 2021 Armed Forces Day from £3,582 to £5,000.
- ARMED FORCES & COMMUNITY DAY 2021 (Paper C)
The Working Group NOTED the contents of the report regarding the 2021 Armed Forces and Community Day event.
- Note the contents of this report and in particular that the event might not take place at all in 2021 or that it might be in a very different form than envisioned for 2020, and;
- consider a more detailed assessment of the risk and what might be possible at a future meeting.
- WAR MEMORIAL UPDATE
The Working Group NOTED the update about the improvement works made to the War Memorial from the Operations Manager and that further works were planned for the grassed area.
- REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY
Note: Councillor Boles joined the meeting at 2.16pm
The Working Group received an update from Admin Support Officer for the 2020 Remembrance Sunday event.
- look into the possibility of live streaming the event;
- await guidance from LCC with regards Remembrance Sunday restrictions; and
iii. once LCC guidance received the Admin Support Officer in communication with the Chairman, call an Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group meeting for a one item agenda.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The working group NOTED the next scheduled meeting for the working group is Thursday 26 November at 2.00pm.
RESOLVED to change the start time to 1.30pm.
The meeting concluded at 2.31pm.