Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.
You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.
Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).
For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here
Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.
- This event has passed.
Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group February
February 6, 2020 @ 09:30 - 17:00
Councillor Tim Davies (Chairman)
Councillor Liz Clews
Councillor Dennis Dannatt
Councillor Chris Lambie
Councillor James Plastow
Ian Bradley (arrived at 9.31am)
Rachel Allbones Deputy Clerk / RFO
Jessica Flowers Administration Support Officer
Also Present: X1 Members of the Public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies received from Richard Lindsey
- TO RECEIVE MEMBERS DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011 AND TO RECEIVE ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION.
Note: Ian Bradley arrived at 09.31am.
- MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Armed Forces Day, Remembrance Sunday & War Memorial Working Group meeting Thursday 9 January 2020 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Note: Councillor Plastow abstained from voting on the above resolution.
- TO NOTE THE RESOLUTION FROM COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE 14TH JANUARY 2020
Members NOTED the resolution at Community Services Committee ‘that Members approve of the Armed Forces and Community Day 2020 event plan and indicative budget.’
- ARMED FORCES/COMMUNITY DAY 2020
- Members noted that several members have been contacting the same people and that more communication between members is needed to prevent this.
- Members noted a variety of updates that have arisen,
RESOLVED – That Forces Attendees, Forces Charities, those Raising funds for the Event Charity and those providing free activities for children are able to hold a space at no charge as these will make up the Forces/Welfare zone in and around the Market Place.
Admin Support Officer noted to the group that WLDC have identified that to have music past 4pm, an additional entertainments license is required.
RESOLVED To end stage entertainment at 4pm rather than apply for additional license which would involve costs up to £300.
RESOLVED To include the Lah Di Dah Trio in the stage timetable at a cost of £185.00 for 2x 30 mins or 1x 45-60min slots.
Frank Charlton requested the group determine whether the parade will be a formal one which must take into account Military procedure.
RESOLVED – To hold the Parade as a Formal Parade – Participants are to be invited and arranged by Frank Charlton and Caz Davies including on the day.
Frank Charlton is to speak to Mr Hand regarding the possibility of flyovers.
Members noted the quote from Tooleys amusements for a carousel and swing boats and would like to await further quotes/options.
Councillor Lambie requested the Admin Support Officer put a call out on the Facebook Page for Veterans/Families of Veterans to get in touch.
Members noted a quote supplied via Richard Lindsey for vintage deck chairs for the marketplace. Members noted the chairs in storage at Richmond House from the Friends of Richmond Park may be of use and free to use. Councillor Davies and Councillor Dannatt are to inspect the chairs and report findings to next working group meeting before a decision is made on whether to use these or hire the deck chairs.
- Admin Support Officer highlighted that invitations to and confirmations of who is attending the event or Parade from the Forces/Forces Charities is a priority. (Including Military Vehicles/Displays etc)
- The Deputy Clerk highlighted that the meetings need to be more productive and structured going forward, therefore suggested a much more specific agenda be produced for future meetings where members are requested to produce a basic report to identify progress and updates.
Note: Councillor Plastow left the meeting at 10.38am
Note: Councillor Clews left the meeting at 10.43am
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The following working group meeting scheduled for Thursday 27th February at 9.30am.
The meeting concluded at 11.00am.