Welcome to the Gainsborough Town Council Meeting page, all Gainsborough Town Council meetings can be viewed from here.

You can view our latest and upcoming meetings below, please use the arrows or calendar buttons to scroll through the calendar to find previous meetings.

Click on a meeting title to view it’s meeting page which will include the agenda and minutes (when applicable).

For meetings older than August 2020 please view the Archive:
You can view the archive of older documents here

Please let us know if you can’t find something or if you require the information in a different format.

You can telephone the Town Council during office hours at: 01427 811573. Alternatively you can


email us at: townclerk@gainsborough-tc.gov.uk

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Full Council Meeting

May 4 @ 19:00 - 21:00

https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-05-04-Papers-as-sent.pdf

Agenda & meeting papers can be accessed in the PDF pack above once available. 

Minutes of the Property & Services Committee meeting 10 March 2022 held in the Function Room, Marshalls Sports Ground, Middlefield Lane, Gainsborough

Councillors Present

Matt Boles Paul Key (Chairman) James Plastow (Vice-Chairman)
     
Dennis Dannatt    

 

Councillors Absent

    Keith Panter
Richard Craig Chris Lambie Baptiste Velan

 

In attendance:

Belina Boyer- Town Clerk (TC)      

 

Also present: Three Members of the public

 

Agenda no Agenda item title Resolution Action Power
P&S22/42 To note apologies for absence. Apologies had been received from Cllrs Craig, Panter and Velan.   Local Government Act 1972, s85 (1)

& Sch 12, p40.

P&S22/43 To receive any declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011. There were none   Localism Act 2011, s31.
P&S22/44 To consider any dispensation requests received by the Clerk in relation to personal and/or disclosable pecuniary interests, not previously recorded. There were none   Localism Act 2011, s33.
P&S22/45 To determine which items on the agenda, if any, require the exclusion of public and press under the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2) and resolve to exclude public and press for these items.

 

The committee RESOLVED to exclude public and pressfor items 052-054 on the grounds of legal priviledge and data protection of personal details.   Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960 1 (2)
P&S22/46 To receive the minutes of the previous Gainsborough Town Council meeting(s) and resolve to sign these as a true record of the meeting(s).

Paper A – Property and Services Wednesday 10 February 2022.

The committee RESOLVED to sign the minutes of the meeting 10/02/2022 as a correct record of that meeting. ASO to publish. Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p41 (1). 
P&S22/47 To receive quotations for Playground inspection, Facilities management, Agenda and minutes management, Website portal for better customer experience, Asset manager, software and authorise associated payments.

Paper B

The committee RESOLVED to purchase Playground inspection, Facilities management, Agenda and minutes management, Website portal for better customer experience, Asset manager, software and authorise associated payments. DTC/RFO to place order. Local Government Act 1972, s. 111 
P&S22/48 To consider Grant application from Lincoln and Lindsey Blind Society (charity number 1132353) for £500.

Paper C

Decision deferred until figures received as to how many Gainsborough residents would benefit. TC to make relevant enquiries and return item once information received. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S22/49 To receive a verbal report from a delegation of members who visited Love Lane and to consider a request received for fencing and decide on an operational way to consider such applications in future making member visits unnecessary. (deferred from previous meeting P&S22/35)

Paper D

The committee RESOLVED to give permission for the erection of a “fence” since this structure constitute a plant support rather than a formal border fence.

No decision made on operational approval of future applications.

  Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S22/50 To consider Grant application from R.E.A.C.H  for £358

Paper E

Decision deferred until information received whether other funding applications had been successful. Committee agreed to fund any shortfall. TC to make relevant enquiries and return item once information received. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S22/51 To consider water charges for Spital Hill and Foxby Hill Allotments

Paper F

The committee RESOLVED to charge the same amount as in previous years namely £15 and £5 respectively and adjust payments in following years once own data on water cost was available.

A recorded vote had been requested by Cllr Key:

Votes in favour: Cllrs Boles, Dannatt and Plastow

Votes against: Cllr Key

No abstentions.

RFO to calculate exact usage for 2022-23 year and make the necessary adjustment for future billing. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
  Public and Press excluded for following 3 items.      
P&S22/52 To consider and decide on an allotments action plan to progress allotment work until June/July (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to Data Protection and legal privilege)

Paper G

Decision deferred. Councillors felt they needed more time to consider the plan. All Committee members to submit their comments on the plan prior to the next meeting. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S22/53 To consider action to be taken in connection with the pond on Love Lane allotments.  (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to Data Protection and legal privilege)

Paper H

The committee RESOLVED to adopt the action plan as presented. Bto implement actin plan, produce risk assessments and order purchase of relevant equipment. Cllrs Pladstow and Dannatt volunteered to witness procedures. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
P&S22/54 To receive a verbal update on an FOI and Allotments correspondence (Exclusion of public and press recommended due to the potentially personal nature of the request) The committee noted the verbal update from the clerk. TC to write reply with requested details reminding enquirr of proper procedure for enquiries. Localism Act 2011 s. 1-8
    Committee resolved to re-admit the public.    
P&S22/55 To receive an update by the Town Clerk on actions undertaken. Deferred to next meeting.   N/A
P&S22/56 To receive any items for notification to be included on a future agenda – for information only

·         Marshalls heating and hot water system – quotations for work

·         Allotments Pond update

·         Richmond House

·         Aviary

 

·         Marshalls heating and hot water system – quotations for work

·         Allotments Pond update

·         Richmond House

·         Aviary

·         Citizen of the Year

·         Christmas (Marshalls Yard and West Lindsey involvement

·         Situating of projector.

·         Re-use of old Christmas lights

 

TC to add to agenda N/A
P&S22/57 To note the date and time of the next Property and Services committee is scheduled for 14 April 2022 at 19.00. The committee noted the date and time of the next Property and Services committee scheduled for 14 April 2022 at 19.00   Local Government Act 1972, Sch 12, p10 (2)(a)

The meeting closed at 21.08.

Signed as a true record of the Meeting:_______________________________   Dated______________

Presiding chairman of approving meeting

Details

Date:
May 4
Time:
19:00 - 21:00
Event Category:

Venue

Marshalls Sports Ground and Community Hall

Organiser

Town Clerk