Gainsborough: Coronavirus Recovery Grant
The Town Council has allocated £5,000 to help local organisations who are supporting local groups and individuals to recover from the Coronavirus pandemic.
The fund is limited to £5,000 and grants will be made to ensure a geographical spread across the Town. The maximum grant awarded to a single group shall be £1,000.
Grants shall be considered once a month at a Community Services committee meeting in the order they are received.
All applications will be considered on their individual merits, but there are a number of guiding principles:
- Must be for work and activities taking place in the Gainsborough Town Council area.
- How well the grant meets the needs of the community in recovering from the effects of the pandemic.
- How many residents of Gainsborough shall benefit and whether the size of grant is commensurate with those benefitting.
Who can apply?
We will consider applications from groups, clubs, committees, or charities based in the Gainsborough Town Council area.
You will need to show that you are organised and have your own bank account.
You will also be required to provide your organisation’s registered Commission Charity number if it has one. Alternatively, you will need to provide some form of information demonstrating that you are active. This could be a website, social media page, video, flyer, etc.
We will not consider applications from:
- Businesses or organisations with a profit-making remit
When & How can I apply?
You can apply at any time, but it should be noted that the fund is restricted to £5,000.
Application forms are available electronically on the website at: https://gainsborough-tc.gov.uk/coronavirus-recovery-grant/
Conditions of a Grant
- The applicant, if successful, must spend the grant per the application form unless otherwise agreed by the Council, or the funds may need to be repaid.
- The grant shall be paid electronically to the organisation making the application referred to in the application.
- The application form (with all personal data redacted) shall be made public on the Council’s website.
- It is expected that the Town Council shall be acknowledged for their support in any publicity material related to the project.
- Grant applications may be monitored to ensure that the money was spent on the purpose intended.
- Copies of invoices/receipts of expenditure should be made available upon request.